Commercial 250nm VFR flight - all 3 landings on the same day?

Old December 17th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

Default Commercial 250nm VFR flight - all 3 landings on the same day?

Yes, it is the "book" that tells an FAA Inspector (General
Aviation) how to do every task they do and since it is
on-line they stopped the other letters.

"Bill Zaleski" wrote in message
| Jim: Is there something in particular in this link that I
am missing?

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...pector_orders/

| "Bill Zaleski" wrote in
message
| .. .
| |I received an email via the FAA subscription system from
| Mr. Ballough,
| | who is/was the manager of FAA flight standards about
6-8
| months ago,
| | recinding the memorandum that is at the top of the last
| FAQ revision
| | (#22). It effectively said that the FAQ's are no
longer
| policy and
| | that was the reason for the removal of them from the
FAA
| site.
| |
| | Too bad that the FAQ's were the best thing we had, and
the
| feds chose
| | to replace them with nothing but the suggestion to make
| inquiries to
| | the FSDO.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:06:46 GMT, Jose
|
| | wrote:
| |
| | I have the last complete FAQ, before the FAA took it
| down, if anyone
| | wants it. The FAA says that it is not any good any
| more. Pretty
| | stupid to call it policy, then remove it from
| availability.
| |
| | Where did they say it's "no good anymore"?
| |
| | Jose
| |

Old December 17th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

closer
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/e...spectors/8700/

"Bill Zaleski" wrote in message
| Jim: Is there something in particular in this link that I
am missing?

| On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:30:42 -0600, "Jim Macklin"
| wrote:

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...pector_orders/

| "Bill Zaleski" wrote in
message
| .. .
| |I received an email via the FAA subscription system from
| Mr. Ballough,
| | who is/was the manager of FAA flight standards about
6-8
| months ago,
| | recinding the memorandum that is at the top of the last
| FAQ revision
| | (#22). It effectively said that the FAQ's are no
longer
| policy and
| | that was the reason for the removal of them from the
FAA
| site.
| |
| | Too bad that the FAQ's were the best thing we had, and
the
| feds chose
| | to replace them with nothing but the suggestion to make
| inquiries to
| | the FSDO.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:06:46 GMT, Jose
|
| | wrote:
| |
| | I have the last complete FAQ, before the FAA took it
| down, if anyone
| | wants it. The FAA says that it is not any good any
| more. Pretty
| | stupid to call it policy, then remove it from
| availability.
| |
| | Where did they say it's "no good anymore"?
| |
| | Jose
| |

Old December 17th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/e...spectors/8700/

"Jim Macklin" wrote
in message ...
| Yes, it is the "book" that tells an FAA Inspector (General
| Aviation) how to do every task they do and since it is
| on-line they stopped the other letters.
|

| "Bill Zaleski" wrote in
message
|| Jim: Is there something in particular in this link that
| am missing?
|| On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:30:42 -0600, "Jim Macklin"
|| wrote:

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...pector_orders/
|| "Bill Zaleski" wrote in
| message
|| .. .
|| |I received an email via the FAA subscription system
from
|| Mr. Ballough,
|| | who is/was the manager of FAA flight standards about
| 6-8
|| months ago,
|| | recinding the memorandum that is at the top of the
last
|| FAQ revision
|| | (#22). It effectively said that the FAQ's are no
| longer
|| policy and
|| | that was the reason for the removal of them from the
| FAA
|| site.
|| |
|| | Too bad that the FAQ's were the best thing we had, and
| the
|| feds chose
|| | to replace them with nothing but the suggestion to
make
|| inquiries to
|| | the FSDO.
|| |
|| |
|| |
|| |
|| | On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:06:46 GMT, Jose
|| | wrote:
|| |
|| | I have the last complete FAQ, before the FAA took
it
|| down, if anyone
|| | wants it. The FAA says that it is not any good any
|| more. Pretty
|| | stupid to call it policy, then remove it from
|| availability.
|| |
|| | Where did they say it's "no good anymore"?
|| |
|| | Jose
|| |

Old December 17th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Jose[_1_]

Where did they say it's "no good anymore"?
http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...pector_orders/

There are over 20 PDF files on that link. It's a good site, but none of
them (by their titles) give me a clue as to rescinding the FAQ. Which
one is it? (so I don't have to download and read 20 PDFs)

Jose
--
"There are 3 secrets to the perfect landing. Unfortunately, nobody knows
what they are." - (mike).
Old December 17th 06, 10:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

I haven't downloaded all of them either.

t...

Old December 17th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Jose[_1_]

I haven't downloaded all of them either.

Ok, in which one did you read that the FAQ is no longer valid?

Jose
Old December 17th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

None, that wasn't my point in posting the link. Having
those Inspector manuals on-line makes the FAQs unneeded, you
have the direct source.

t...

Old December 17th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Jose[_1_]

None, that wasn't my point in posting the link. Having
those Inspector manuals on-line makes the FAQs unneeded, you
have the direct source.

I disagree. The FARs should make the FAQ unnecessary, but that
obviously isn't the case. And the point wasn't that the FAQs were
"unneeded", it was that they "no longer mirror the FAA policy", implying
that the policy changed, or that the answers in the FAQ are now incorrect.

It is good to have these Inspector manuals available however.

Jose
Old December 17th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Jim Macklin

The FAR makes a lawyer necessary, they are written by
lawyers.

. ..

Old December 17th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Chris

"Peter" wrote in message

This may seem strange to Americans but pilots doing FAA
certificates/ratings outside the USA are doing them under a regime
where you never know which US$500/checkride DPE you are going to get,
or indeed if one will turn up at all when you have done your training.

I did my IR in Arizona for this reason, but examiners are again
becoming available outside the USA which is why I am trying to do the
Commercial stuff here.

In England, the 300nm flight is difficult especially going 250nm from the
start point. It invariably means its an international trip or over a lot of
water.

I manage to squeeze my in by a trip from Southend to Lands End and back to
Elstree via Plymouth and Henstridge.

The thought of having to go to France or across to Ireland was too much and
the weather was too bad for Scotland (and that would have meant Glasgow.

When you look at the shape of Great Britain you can see the problem.