Wool Felt for trailer fixtures now on Ebay

Old April 10th 12, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default Wool Felt for trailer fixtures now on Ebay

Pilots often ask me about sources of felt to fix-up their trailer
fixtures and wing stands. I've just posted some remnant material
from Wing Rigger production on Ebay. This is very good stuff that
will hold up for a long time -- it's 1/4" thick high density gray
felt. Rolls offered:

12" X 15' ebay 160781459345
12" X 12' ebay 160781458753
10" X 7' ebay 160781460505
10" X 7' ebay 160781461866

Steve Koerner
www.wingrigger.com
Old April 10th 12, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
S. Murry

Steve,

Is shipping really $35?

--Stefan

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:13:49 -0500, Steve Koerner
wrote:

160781461866

--
Stefan Murry
Old April 10th 12, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

without having to go to Ebay and buy from China or some unknow seller Felt
with and without adhesive already attached is available from
www.mcmaster.com they also have practically anything else you might need for
all types of fabrication
great fast service too!
tim

Old April 11th 12, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Come now, Tim! Steve Koerner is better known this side of the Rockies than you are and there probably isn't a gliding club that doesn't have at least one of his WingRiggers. I'd hardly call him "some unknown seller".

I do agree, however, that McMasters is a great source for a lot of cool hardware.

Mike

Old April 11th 12, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

he didn't say "I have the felt " he said go to ebay "the" place where anyone
who wants to remain an anonymous seller. It's like signing a message on a
newsgroup as "mike".... or Mike the Strike rather than simply saying who the
message is really from.
tim

Old April 11th 12, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

I do stand corrected.
I didn't read the original message again before my last response where he
said he to the newsgroup he was the one who had listed the felt on ebay
tim

Old April 11th 12, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

McMaster is a great resource but they sure are proud of their inventory. I use them as supplier of last resort on most purchases. Recently I needed a bulk of closed cell foam. Their price was 400% higher than Foam Factory.

One of our club members is rebuilding his trailer and reported that McMaster's felt was substantially higher than what he eventually bought from an internet search. That being said, they do have anything and everything a tinkerer could need.

Lane
Old April 11th 12, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

and I can almost always order from McMaster Carr at 4PM and have it here the
next day by 10AM, (I am in one of their 1 day shipping areas but they also
have several outlets so are never far from nearly anywhere in the US....
just having a lower price isn't always the same as having what you want
when you want it ..
tim

Old April 11th 12, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

On Apr 10, 3:36*pm, "S. Murry" wrote:
Steve,

Is shipping really $35?

--Stefan

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:13:49 -0500, Steve Koerner
wrote:

160781461866

--
Stefan Murry

Steve - I plugged in my zip code for the 10"x7' and got a shipping
cost of $42.50! Zounds! Must be bacause it is USPS expedited
shipping.

When I auction something on eBay I just put in a flat rate for
shipping (and specify lower 48 only). The other option for buy it now
is to make it "free shipping" and bundle the shipping costs into the
price.

Thanks, John
Old April 11th 12, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

You're right. I had screwed up the shipping part of the listings.
They do all fit in a large flat rate boxes (the larger rolls take some
scrunching) -- I've adjusted the 4 listings accordingly.

I love McMaster Carr also. I've recommended them to many folks for
felt and other things. The premise of my post here is that buying my
remnants should be a better deal than McMaster or anyone else. If you
want to do a price comparison look at type F7 1/4" thickness, that's
the dense felt that I use on Wing Rigger saddles. I don't recommend
the adhesive backed stuff.