Maintenance/Hangar Costs

Old May 22nd 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Maintenance/Hangar Costs

I am wondering if somebody out there can give me some real world numbers
on how much their maintenance costs are for a Cessna 340 and 414. I
don't care if it has the RAM conversion or not. A good friend of mine is
starting a charter company and wants to have numbers to put in the
business plan.

I am also wondering how much hangar rentals are for the 500 series
Cessnas.

Thanks
Aaron
Old May 22nd 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"aml" wrote in message

I am also wondering how much hangar rentals are for the 500 series
Cessnas.

Thanks
Aaron

Can't help you with the operating costs but hanger rental will vary GREATLY
depending on what airport you are based at.

Old May 22nd 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"aml" wrote in message
In article ,
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote:

"aml" wrote in message

I am also wondering how much hangar rentals are for the 500 series
Cessnas.

Thanks
Aaron

Can't help you with the operating costs but hanger rental will vary
GREATLY
depending on what airport you are based at.

I am aware of that. If you own a 500 series, tell me what you are paying
and at what airport.

Well I have a hanger that is big enough for a 500. I pay 450/year land rent
and own the hanger. Located at ELD. See that was no help to you at all. Why
don't you tell us where you want to base and maybe someone from around there
can help you.

Old May 22nd 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Can't help you with the operating costs but hanger rental will vary GREATLY
depending on what airport you are based at.

I am aware of that. If you own a 500 series, tell me what you are paying
and at what airport.

That doesn't seem like a good use of usenet. Why don't you just call the FBO
where you plan to base it?
Old May 22nd 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"aml" wrote in message

I am also wondering how much hangar rentals are for the 500 series
Cessnas.

Thanks
Aaron

Can't help you with the operating costs but hanger rental will vary
GREATLY
depending on what airport you are based at.

I am aware of that. If you own a 500 series, tell me what you are paying
and at what airport.

Well I have a hanger that is big enough for a 500. I pay 450/year land rent
and own the hanger. Located at ELD. See that was no help to you at all. Why
don't you tell us where you want to base and maybe someone from around there
can help you.

Sorry if I came across harsh, that was not my intention. The hangar is
to be located at the Manitowoc Airport (MTW). I have a couple people
doing some checking for me, but I was just wondering what other people
were paying.
Old May 22nd 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

"aml" wrote in message

Can't help you with the operating costs but hanger rental will vary
GREATLY
depending on what airport you are based at.

I am aware of that. If you own a 500 series, tell me what you are paying
and at what airport.

Well I have a hanger that is big enough for a 500. I pay 450/year land
rent and own the hanger. Located at ELD. See that was no help to you at
all. Why don't you tell us where you want to base and maybe someone from
around there can help you.

Don't ya just love guessing games?

Old May 22nd 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"aml" wrote in message

I am also wondering how much hangar rentals are for the 500 series
Cessnas.

Thanks
Aaron

Can't help you with the operating costs but hanger rental will vary GREATLY
depending on what airport you are based at.

I am aware of that. If you own a 500 series, tell me what you are paying
and at what airport.

Here at KBIL if you want to rent a hangar for a Citation you're looking
at $1500 a month. Most companies and private individuals with hangars
build their own 60x60 or larger. Right now a new 60x60 will cost $90K
built to the airports specs.
Old May 22nd 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Sorry if I came across harsh, that was not my intention. The hangar is
to be located at the Manitowoc Airport (MTW). I have a couple people
doing some checking for me, but I was just wondering what other people
were paying.

Call the guys at Waupaca, WI. http://www.airnav.com/airport/KPCZ There
are a couple new large hangers available for rent/sale/lease that would
easily handle a Citation.

Jim

Old May 22nd 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I do not have numbers for you. I do know from real world experience
that the 340 is a high maintenance bird with poor dispatch rates...
Almost guaranteed to be down waiting for some unavailable part or other
every time a big dollar charter walks in the door...
414's seem to be a bit better and the short haul airlines used them
heavily in the past, but I don't have any of them on the field to watch
so can't give you a personal estimate...
The C-500 series are reliable with good dispatch rates... Slow for a
jet and as a result somewhat fuel hogs, though..
One of the more reliable ships I have watched have been the PA-31-T
Cheyenne's..

denny

Old May 22nd 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("aml" wrote)
Sorry if I came across harsh, that was not my intention. The hangar is to
be located at the Manitowoc Airport (MTW). I have a couple people doing
some checking for me, but I was just wondering what other people were
paying.

Manitowoc? Idaho?

(MTW)
44.128773-87.680585
Google Earth - since I was at AirNav ...ANYWAY! :-)

1. AirNav.com / MTW
2. click Google(under the map) / Copy coordinates
3. Paste into Google Earth / delete [%2C]

Ahhh. Manitowoc, Wisconsin. East of OSH - on the shores of Lake Michigan.

Montblack