Private Pilot Certificate, or Lightsport Pilot

Old April 17th 11, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark IV

Default Private Pilot Certificate, or Lightsport Pilot

On Apr 16, 1:34*pm, wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
Mark IV wrote:
Either one, it's the exact same checkride.

Why would an examiner ask a sport pilot about night operations if the pilot
hasn't been trained in them?

How did you determine they were the same checkride?

Like everything else he pulled it out of his ass.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

I've swapped posts with you on NUMEROUS
occasions, and discussed MULTIPLE topics in
which we've ALWAYS disagreed, and yet...funny
thing...can you list even one point in which you
were right and I wasn't?

I've even offered to have an independent fiduciary
party hold 10 thousand dollars from each of us,
winner take all to the correct answer. You weren't
able to pass muster.

In the final analysis, you only trolled.

---
Mark IV

Old April 17th 11, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mark IV wrote:
On Apr 16, 1:34Â*pm, wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
Mark IV wrote:
Either one, it's the exact same checkride.

Why would an examiner ask a sport pilot about night operations if the pilot
hasn't been trained in them?

How did you determine they were the same checkride?

Like everything else he pulled it out of his ass.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

I've swapped posts with you on NUMEROUS
occasions, and discussed MULTIPLE topics in
which we've ALWAYS disagreed, and yet...funny
thing...can you list even one point in which you
were right and I wasn't?

Yeah, right.

Is that what the voices in you head tell you?

snip remaining idiocy

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old April 17th 11, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

hierophant wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 23:47:19 -0500, Jim Logajan wrote:

hierophant wrote:
In all 48 states.

Do you plan to vote for Ike or Adlai?

I missed the point; please advise.

Eisonhower's was the last administration in which one could accurately use
the phrase "all 48 states."
Old April 17th 11, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Mark IV wrote:
On Apr 16, 12:51*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
How did you determine they were the same checkride?

As per a Senior CFI, former commercial jet pilot
that I fly with that currently trains dozens of folks,
works 7 days a week in aviation and in a 141
school and with the FAA.

He's probably putting you under the hood and having you do maneuvers by
reference to instruments. The Sport Pilot PTS does not require such.

You could also simply go to the FAA web site and download the two PTS
documents and compare them:

http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/...andards/pilot/
Old April 18th 11, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark IV

On Apr 17, 3:02*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Mark IV wrote:
On Apr 16, 12:51*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
How did you determine they were the same checkride?

As per a Senior CFI, former commercial jet pilot
that I fly with that currently trains dozens of folks,
works 7 days a week in aviation and in a 141
school and with the FAA.

He's probably putting you under the hood and having you do maneuvers by
reference to instruments. The Sport Pilot PTS does not require such.

You could also simply go to the FAA web site and download the two PTS
documents and compare them:

http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/...andards/pilot/

Ok, thanks. I'm more than happy to stand
corrected if need be. There are a few things that
concern me about flight instruction. One is...paying
for unnecessary time, and the other is, the liability
which I have for someone else's plane simply because
I'm responsible for checking the maintenance records.
Sure, I can see when 100 hr. services are done, or
read about repairs, but that's a lot different from owning
your own plane and actually overseeing first hand who
and how it was done.

---
Mark IV
Old April 18th 11, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark IV

On Apr 17, 1:05*pm, hierophant wrote:

They also tell him that by buying right seat time he can become a play
pilot.
--

Guess you're uninformed. People who rent
planes fly from the left seat. People who take

---
Mark IV

Old April 18th 11, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark IV

On Apr 17, 11:10*am, wrote:
Mark IV wrote:
On Apr 16, 1:34*pm, wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
Mark IV wrote:
Either one, it's the exact same checkride.

Why would an examiner ask a sport pilot about night operations if the pilot
hasn't been trained in them?

How did you determine they were the same checkride?

Like everything else he pulled it out of his ass.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

I've swapped posts with you on NUMEROUS
occasions, and discussed MULTIPLE topics in
which we've ALWAYS disagreed, and yet...funny
thing...can you list even one point in which you
were right and I wasn't?

Yeah, right.

Is that what the voices in you head tell you?

Yes that's right. The voice in my head is my
own voice as I construct logic and replay with
lucidity my nearly photographic memory. The
other voices are the replies within the context
of these exchanges. And...sometimes I play
multiple parts as I muse the likely responses which
will result from anticipated future conversations.

I haven't heard a peep from God or Satan. LOL.

---
Mark IV

Old April 18th 11, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Mark IV wrote:
There are a few things that
concern me about flight instruction. One is...paying
for unnecessary time,

Understandable but on closer inspection not worth worrying about. Aviating
is expensive and a few extra hours really don't matter.

and the other is, the liability
which I have for someone else's plane simply because
I'm responsible for checking the maintenance records.
Sure, I can see when 100 hr. services are done, or
read about repairs, but that's a lot different from owning
your own plane and actually overseeing first hand who
and how it was done.

That is what renter's insurance is for. Shouldn't cost most than a few
hundred a year.
Old April 18th 11, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
hierophant[_2_]

hierophant wrote:
In all 48 states.

Do you plan to vote for Ike or Adlai?

I missed the point; please advise.

Eisonhower's was the last administration in which one could accurately use
the phrase "all 48 states."

That bit of history I am aware. Hawaii and Alaska do not require
time up night flying for a PPL. 50-2 = ;0)
--
http://cc.st/Simply-A-Pussy-i-no-mor...ucking-Bananas
http://cc.st/ChronoAutopussy-Buggers-Out |