The Mustang Suite is done!

Old January 11th 04, 06:41 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

Now if you could just get the ejection seat and turn it into a recliner

for the
room...

Every now and then one of those suckers appears on Ebay...

There's a mailorder outfit called "sovietski" that sells them, plus a lot of
Russian pilot gear. They also have a table made from half a DC-9 horizontal stab.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old January 11th 04, 01:50 PM
Jay Honeck

There's a mailorder outfit called "sovietski" that sells them, plus a lot
of
Russian pilot gear. They also have a table made from half a DC-9

horizontal stab.

http://secure.sovietski.com/cgi-bin/...ski.storefront

Cool store, although I couldn't find anything like a DC-9 table...

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 11th 04, 08:09 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

Cool store, although I couldn't find anything like a DC-9 table...

Item number 150950 - "DC-9 'T' tail wing, reborn as an executive desk or table".
The catalog says they only have one left. The key code for the catalog is
SFKS1199Z, and the phone number is 800 442-0002.

Only $5,995.00 (and that's "20% off"). Plus shipping.

Old January 12th 04, 03:25 AM
Jay Honeck

Only $5,995.00 (and that's "20% off"). Plus shipping.

Hmmm. Well, let's see. I can either do the entire "Blackbird Suite," or I
can buy a really cool table...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 12th 04, 04:26 AM
Big John

Jim

Are you talking about the Mustang Ranch? I thought they, we are here
to help you group, closed them down?

I've got an "All Night Chit' (my wife gave me G) from the "Chicken
Ranch" near Austin that Marvin Zindler (Channel 2 TV) closed down
15-20 years ago G

You've probably seen the movie (parody) that Bert Reynolds and Dolly
Parton stared in (The Greatest Little Whorehouse in Texas)?

Big John
Pilot ROCAF

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:53:16 -0800, Jim Weir wrote:

What you need now is to put the key on a genuine "call tag" from the ORIGINAL
Mustang "suites" over by Reno...I'll see if I can bag one for you next time I go
over.

Jim

"Jay Honeck"

-
-I've been promising this one for six months -- and we have finally finished
-the Mustang Suite!

http://www.rst-engr.com

Old January 12th 04, 05:17 AM
Jack Allison

Looks cool Jay! Just may have plan a stop in Iowa City on our way to Osh
'04. I know, book early... :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old January 12th 04, 03:48 PM
Corky Scott

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 02:38:04 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
wrote:

I knew a guy once who did what you have done. His name
was Bill Whitsell, and the place he put together was Flying W Ranch in New
Jersey. It's still there, although not nearly what it used to be. It had
everything! Airplane shaped pool; horseback riding; a beautiful strip; a
great full service restraunt; and a hotel upstairs. I was instructing there
for a while for him. Bill was a retired Eastern Airlines pilot. I remember
Bob Cummings, the movie actor flew in one day in a D18 Beech and Bill got
him involved in the place in about five minutes. We took the Beech in trade
on an Aztec, and Cummings liked the place so much we thought he's never
leave! :-)

I've eaten there, when I was a kid, had a big family dinner there.
Probably was my father's idea, him being the ex Navy pilot. It had a
HUGE plate glass window overlooking the runway. While we were eating,
a staggerwing beech took off and rattled the entire room as it roared
by. Seemed like the restaurant was right close to the runway.

I also remember seeing the airplane shaped pool.

Corky Scott

Old January 12th 04, 05:13 PM
Jim Weir

Yes, the Mustang Ranch is the reference. The little brass tags with the
appropriate girls' numbers on them (or reproductions) are for sale in a lot of
the Reno shops.

As I recall, the IRS boys shut the place down. Wasn't that part of the Conforte
empire?

By the way, care to guess the name of the VOR serving the Reno area?

Jim

Big John

-Jim
-

Old January 13th 04, 03:29 AM
Mike Adams

Jim Weir wrote:

By the way, care to guess the name of the VOR serving the Reno area?

You know, since making a trip up there last summer, I've been wondering
about that. I guess you've confirmed my suspicions.

Mike