Speed Astir owners?

Old March 18th 10, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

Default Speed Astir owners?

I have met a grand total of ONE other Speed Astir owner, and have
never set eyes on another Speed Astir in person. Yeah, I know, there
weren't many built, and they're not popular, but dang. I'm not up for
starting a 'Speed Astir' club, but wouldn't mind corresponding with
others who fly them. Please feel free to 'reply to author' or post
here on RAS. (Even you, Max)
Cheers,
UF
Old March 19th 10, 09:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andres

On Mar 19, 7:05*am, Grider Pirate wrote:
I have met a grand total of ONE other Speed Astir owner, and have
never set eyes on another Speed Astir in person. *Yeah, I know, there
weren't many built, and they're not popular, but dang. *I'm not up for
starting a 'Speed Astir' club, but wouldn't mind corresponding with
others who fly them. *Please feel free to 'reply to author' or post
here on RAS. (Even you, Max)
Cheers,
UF

Hi, I have a friend who owns a Speed Astir in my club. He loves his
machine.
Ray email:

Cheers
Andres
Old March 19th 10, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy[_7_]

I owned a Speed Astir for many years and really enjoyed it.
It was an excellent cross-country machine with good legs and easy to
fill with water.
The controls were a bit heavy in aileron due to the gapless hinge
system but the flap system was the best I have every used.
Guy

Speed Astir Mods Avron Soaring 3 May 22nd 06 11:13 PM
Speed Astir Jono Richards Soaring 3 March 25th 06 07:19 AM
FS - Grob Speed Astir IIB Steve Leonard Soaring 0 February 17th 06 03:42 AM
Speed Astir II B Flyhighdave Soaring 8 December 13th 03 01:08 PM
Speed Astir Guy Acheson Soaring 0 December 11th 03 02:24 AM