vinyl trim source

Old March 23rd 10, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default vinyl trim source

I am rebuilding/repairing my Schroeder type fiberglass top tube
trailer and need to remove the vinyl trim and the aluminum channel
that it slides into. Does anyone have know where this stuff is
available? I've googled it up, but so far have not been successful.
Could be that I am using the wrong description of it, I'm calling
trailer edge trim.

Thanks,
Brad
Old March 23rd 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

On Mar 22, 9:47*pm, Brad wrote:
I am rebuilding/repairing my Schroeder type fiberglass top tube
trailer and need to remove the vinyl trim and the aluminum channel
that it slides into. Does anyone have know where this stuff is
available? I've googled it up, but so far have not been successful.
Could be that I am using the wrong description of it, I'm calling
trailer edge trim.

Thanks,
Brad

Brad,

if you cannot find it at McMaster Carr, try your local RV dealer. This
stuff can be found as bump-guard on camping trailers and RVs

Uli
Old March 23rd 10, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Mar 22, 9:05*pm, GM wrote:
On Mar 22, 9:47*pm, Brad wrote:

I am rebuilding/repairing my Schroeder type fiberglass top tube
trailer and need to remove the vinyl trim and the aluminum channel
that it slides into. Does anyone have know where this stuff is
available? I've googled it up, but so far have not been successful.
Could be that I am using the wrong description of it, I'm calling
trailer edge trim.

Thanks,
Brad

Brad,

if you cannot find it at McMaster Carr, try your local RV dealer. This
stuff can be found as bump-guard on camping trailers and RVs

Uli

http://www.mcmaster.com/#vinyl-trim/=6c512q
down the page a little.
Old March 23rd 10, 06:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Mar 22, 9:35*pm, Grider Pirate wrote:
On Mar 22, 9:05*pm, GM wrote:

On Mar 22, 9:47*pm, Brad wrote:

I am rebuilding/repairing my Schroeder type fiberglass top tube
trailer and need to remove the vinyl trim and the aluminum channel
that it slides into. Does anyone have know where this stuff is
available? I've googled it up, but so far have not been successful.
Could be that I am using the wrong description of it, I'm calling
trailer edge trim.

Thanks,
Brad

Brad,

if you cannot find it at McMaster Carr, try your local RV dealer. This
stuff can be found as bump-guard on camping trailers and RVs

Uli

http://www.mcmaster.com/#vinyl-trim/=6c512q
down the page a little.

Hi All,

Ok.....so the Mcmaster and Carr stuff, at least the U channel stuff
isn't what I'm after, although I did buy some of that to use as edge
trim on my instrument panel hood. The other material is a vinyl sticky
back stuff that probably won't have the durability I am looking for.
Basically, where I am replacing fiberglass skin panels, the replaced
panels overlap the box frame skin, and at that joint what's there now
is an aluminum channel with a pressed in vinyl strip.

I'll try the RV angle............thanks for the suggestions...keep 'em
coming!

Brad

BTW................this is a trailer that Helmut Reichmann and his
students built years ago, my friend had his LS-7 in it and the trailer
took a snow load hit a few years back. Today I repaired all of the
broken bow frames, this week we start replacing/repairing the busted/
split skins!