LXNAV V7 and WinPilot Pro

Old November 13th 13, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LXNAV V7 and WinPilot Pro

Hi,

Will V7 vario support the advanced features of WinPilot Pro i.e. Climb Optimizer, Wind Calculation in Straight Flight etc...

Regards
Jarek
Old November 14th 13, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:11:49 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Hi,

Will V7 vario support the advanced features of WinPilot Pro i.e. Climb Optimizer, Wind Calculation in Straight Flight etc...

Regards

Jarek

I think not. Someone suggested that the LX 1600 on a PDA or PNA settings may work with the WinPilot Pro and V7 combination???? 6PK
Old November 14th 13, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:11:49 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Hi,

Will V7 vario support the advanced features of WinPilot Pro i.e. Climb Optimizer, Wind Calculation in Straight Flight etc...

Regards

Jarek

Jarek,

You are asking the wrong question. The question should be:
Does WinPilot PRO software support the LXNAV V7 Vario? The answer is NO.

Old November 14th 13, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:11:49 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Hi,

Will V7 vario support the advanced features of WinPilot Pro i.e. Climb Optimizer, Wind Calculation in Straight Flight etc...

Regards

Jarek

Doesn't the V7 output the LX nav 1600 sentences? If so it ought to work...
Old November 14th 13, 05:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:33:36 PM UTC+11, jfitch wrote:
On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:11:49 PM UTC-8, wrote:

Hi,

Will V7 vario support the advanced features of WinPilot Pro i.e. Climb Optimizer, Wind Calculation in Straight Flight etc...

Regards

Jarek

Doesn't the V7 output the LX nav 1600 sentences? If so it ought to work...

The replay from Jerry Plaszowiecki was:

"If it outputs the same sentences as the older LX various (like LXWP0, LXWP1), then it should work ok."

.... but how do I find out before spending money on WinPilot Pro upgrade?

Regards
Jarek
Old November 14th 13, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:50:05 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:33:36 PM UTC+11, jfitch wrote:

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:11:49 PM UTC-8, wrote:

Hi,

Will V7 vario support the advanced features of WinPilot Pro i.e. Climb Optimizer, Wind Calculation in Straight Flight etc...

Regards

Jarek

Doesn't the V7 output the LX nav 1600 sentences? If so it ought to work...

The replay from Jerry Plaszowiecki was:

"If it outputs the same sentences as the older LX various (like LXWP0, LXWP1), then it should work ok."

... but how do I find out before spending money on WinPilot Pro upgrade?

Regards

Jarek

A friend has a V7 in his glider operating through SeeYou Mobil
Next time I'm out with him I will ask to plug in my PDA with WP Pro to see if it works or not. This maybe a week or two and unless someone beats me to it I will post the results.
6PK
Old November 14th 13, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:11:49 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Hi,

Will V7 vario support the advanced features of WinPilot Pro i.e. Climb Optimizer, Wind Calculation in Straight Flight etc...

Regards

Jarek

My V7 vario in my Phoenix motorglider works just fine with my Winpilot Pro and Colibri GPS/recorder to give me wind calculations, climb optimization, etc. Had to fiddle with settings to make it work, but with Paul Remde's always excellent advice (on the V7), it was no problem. Paul doesn't claim to know much about Winpilot, but he knows the V7.
I had to enter my Winpilot password about 200 times last summer, but that's a Winpilot problem, not an interface problem.
Russ

LXNAV V7 - Reviews? David Reitter Soaring 10 October 21st 14 12:41 AM
New vario by LXNAV [email protected] Soaring 6 May 22nd 13 11:15 PM
LXNAV flarmMouse DC[_5_] Soaring 15 January 11th 13 06:26 AM
LXNAV V7 Paul Remde Soaring 2 November 2nd 11 12:31 AM
WinPilot Offers Free WinPilot XP for your Desktop Computer Richard Pfiffner Soaring 0 November 8th 03 04:44 PM