2003 SRA Soaring Pilot Poll Results Posted

Old October 26th 03, 12:07 AM
Ken Kochanski

Default 2003 SRA Soaring Pilot Poll Results Posted

http://www.serve.com/BSA/sra.htm

--
Ken Kochanski

Old October 26th 03, 03:27 AM
John

Wow! Very surprising..... most of us are thinking alike.

Now, will the people in charge of the rule-making actually listen and cool
it?

Old October 26th 03, 07:02 AM
tango4

Interesting point raised about turbo's vs Self Launchers and the 25 point
airfield landing bonus.

If I was low over an airfield with the lift shot to hell my first thought
would be "how much further would I have to go before starting the engine to
nullify the 25 point bonus loss and still not have to drag a crew along?".
Making the turbo land for the 25 points is a counter safety rule! I'd
consider pushing out along track and risking a low start to get around that
one and I consider my competition decision making as "conservative".

Ian

nk.net...

Old October 26th 03, 03:58 PM
Marc Ramsey

Mal wrote:
enough 404 errors in the website !

No, they have simply "optimized" the SRA website for users of Internet
Explorer. Users of other browsers are obviously not serious about
sailplane racing, and should go elsewhere...

Marc

Old October 26th 03, 06:32 PM
Eric Greenwell

In article ,
says...
Mal wrote:
enough 404 errors in the website !

No, they have simply "optimized" the SRA website for users of Internet
Explorer. Users of other browsers are obviously not serious about
sailplane racing, and should go elsewhere...

The W3C page validator at
http://validator.w3.org/ complains about
every line in it. It's such a simple page, I'm guessing they didn't do
anything fancy, but just got some critical item non-standard, and
that's why Netscape 7.1 can't get the menus to work.

The menus aren't even needed, as everything could be listed on one
page in table form.
--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)
Old October 26th 03, 07:18 PM
Paul Remde

Hi,

I can't get the page to work either, and I'm using the latest versio of IE.

Paul Remde

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...

Old October 26th 03, 08:02 PM
Wayne Paul

It works for me.

When viewing the code, I see a mixture of JAVA, layer based pull-down menus
and XML.

I attempted to use this approach on my website. I abandoned the idea when
my regular visitors complained. Standard table based html has never
precipitated inaccessibility complaints.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com

Old October 26th 03, 10:22 PM
Karl Striedieck

For the folks having trouble getting the 2003 Pilot Poll results on the SRA
website, it will be posted on the SSA website as soon as it is feasible to
do so. Currently, the SSA is unable to make it available.

Meanwhile, I will send it as an attachment on an email if individuals will
contact me.

Karl Striedieck

Old October 26th 03, 10:45 PM
David Leonard

here's a direct link that should work if you have a pdf viewer

http://www.serve.com/BSA/POLL03.PDF