Me Too! Me Too!

Old March 5th 04, 02:11 AM
Carl Orton

I know what you mean. I've owned it all of 4 days, and I've been out there
TWICE since I parked it. And I'm 17 miles away from it!

I justified today, because we had some severe weather (some locations up to
70MPH) blow thru DFW, and I wanted to make sure my knot-tying skills did OK
(they did!). My "hangar" is really just a T-hangar w/o doors, so I was
concerned that things didn't drift around in the chaos.

As part of the pre-buy, the A&P had me pull the cowl and plugs and assist
with the compression test. That was a confidence builder. Since I was a
mechanic in a past life, I intend to do some of my own stuff, but it's still
nice to have a knowledgeable hand there for the first time at anything...

Only 1 more day til the weekend; weather's supposed to be great!

Carl

"John Galban" wrote in message
om...
"Carl Orton" wrote in message

snip
Bummer is that aside from the test flight, weather here around DFW has

been
mostly IFR so far. So I taxi'd it from one side of the airport to the

other
side to my hangar, and there it's sat. :-(

No biggie. When I got my 1st plane, I had similar weather issues
after the test flight. That didn't stop me from going to the airport
to shine the windows, air up the tires, open the cowl and become
acquainted with the innards and mention to every passing stranger,
"Yep, it's mine!". It was almost as much fun as flying.

Congrats,

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old March 5th 04, 03:22 AM
Jay Honeck

Hey Jay! I thought your Gallery was for Pilots or Owners, not Pilot
AND owners, so I submitted my pictures. Oh well, some day soon I'll
own one. Still renting... Boo hoo hoo... :(

Sorry -- it's for everyone! Show us what you fly -- that's what it's all
about!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 5th 04, 03:25 AM
Jay Honeck

I know what you mean. I've owned it all of 4 days, and I've been out there
TWICE since I parked it. And I'm 17 miles away from it!

Ah, fond memories. When I first brought our Warrior "home" to our new
hangar, I would go there virtually every day, just to polish this, or clean
that.

Aw, shoot, I'm on my second plane, and I STILL do that! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 5th 04, 12:54 PM
Dennis O'Connor

Obviously a case of arrested development... Perhaps some AGH (aircraft
growth hormone) would ease you past this stage...
Speaking of which, this is March which means the all-weekend-long, airplane
wash-n-wax enduro, is coming up soon... Lessee, who do I know that is
gullible, err,,, I mean deprived of opportunity, that I haven't given the
chance to participate yet?
denny

"Jay Honeck" wrote Aw, shoot, I'm on my second
plane, and I STILL do that! :-)