Miscellaneous AirVenture Comments

Old May 8th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

Default Miscellaneous AirVenture Comments

("john smith" wrote)
Hmmm, video editing by a bunch of us after consuming contents of said
cooler. Yeah, that could produce some quality video!

It also means the same video will get funnier as the evening passes.

Hmm.... Jack and Mr Smith have a point:
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=19974
click i-am-bored.com play

Although, Jack is a little less convincing he
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=23239
Who drank the last Hard Lemonade? ......Steve!

MontyBlack

Old May 9th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jack Allison" wrote

MOAG for Jim in NC's alleged grill.

Even though I didn't get to take it into the airplane camping area, you did
see it in tow, as I was leaving, didn't you?

That was the "year from hell" at OSH.

Replacing a transmission in the camping area is not a task to be taken
lightly. :-(

I didn't see much else that year, but doing it myself was the ONLY way I
could meet the deadline of getting back home to start teaching school.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 9th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Even though I didn't get to take it into the airplane camping area, you did
see it in tow, as I was leaving, didn't you?

Apparently, Jim, I was the only one sober enough to actually see, wave
-- and RECALL -- you leaving the OSH grounds that year...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 9th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Even though I didn't get to take it into the airplane camping area, you
did
see it in tow, as I was leaving, didn't you?

Apparently, Jim, I was the only one sober enough to actually see, wave
-- and RECALL -- you leaving the OSH grounds that year...

Chuckle

That bad, huh? People were really making tracks away from OSH, when I left.
You leave the next day?

That was one time (the only time) that I was glad to be beating feet out of
there. I had a straight through, solo, (by road, for those not up on the
story) thousand mile journey.

When I was about 90 miles from home, in the wee hours of the morning, I was
stopping every 20 minutes to walk around the van a couple times, and driving
with the music real loud, to stay awake. I believe that was the last trip
of that type that I will ever take.

It all seemed so much easier when I was 20 years younger! g
--
Jim in NC

Old May 10th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
"Morgans" wrote:

It all seemed so much easier when I was 20 years younger! g

I stopped driving all nighter's 25 years ago when I was in my mid-20's.
After driving non-stop from Ohio to The Badlands, I decided that it was
better to stop and get a restful sleep and arrive fresh than to risk
falling asleep at the wheel.