Aviation Book Recommendation "Touching History"

Old August 29th 08, 10:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.military
tscottme[_2_]

Default Aviation Book Recommendation "Touching History"

I just finished a book about the aviation details of Sept 11 attacks.
"Touching History" by Lynn Spencer was a quick read. I picked it up a
couple hours before bedtime expecting to get through a couple of chapters
and turn in. I stayed up hours past my bedtime and read about 95% of the
book in one sitting.

The author is a pilot for a regional airline and she nails all of the
aviation details. If you remember the chaos of the early reporting on that
sad day, this book tells you the story of many of those incidents. Why was
a Delta jet presumed hijacked and diverted to Cleveland, causing Cleveland
to brace for a WTC re-run on its downtown buildings? What's it like when
you are over the Pacific in a 747 and you start hearing other pilots
discussing the entire US airspace, including Hawaii, is closed? Why is a
South Korean 747 squawking the hijack code on it's way to Alaska? How did a
couple of F-15 and F-16 pilots get a CAP up over D.C. while their commanders
were unsure who could authorize shootdown of airliners?

--

Scott

What do Osama and Obama have in common?

Both have friends who bombed the Pentagon!