Emergency Descents with ATC COMS - Video

Old September 11th 09, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Default Emergency Descents with ATC COMS - Video

Mike Ash schreef:

The flight of aircraft is "subject to restrictions" everywhere within
the US and most other countries. For example, can't PIC without a valid
pilot's certificate. Can't fly inside clouds while VFR. Do these
restrictions make the whole country a "restricted area"? Of course not!

"Restricted area" has a specific meaning in the US. It is specific
airspace which has special restrictions applied beyond those found in
normal airspace. On a sectional you will find restricted airspace to be
designated using a solid blue border with perpendicular blue dashes
pointing toward the inside. For an example, pull up NHK on skyvector.com.

Indeed I think there's confusion between the linguistical significance
of "restricted" and the more strict interpretation in aviation
regulations. For this once, though, I believe the term stems from ICAO
terminology and thus isn't limited to the USA.
Old September 11th 09, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

On Sep 12, 3:30*am, wrote:
Flaps_50! wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:15*am, wrote:
BeechSundowner wrote:
On Sep 10, 5:35*pm, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

No, the victors are restricted airspace for aerobatics. Have another
look at the sectional.

Before you continue to embarrass yourself, do you know the dimensions
of a victor airway?

Hint one, they don't put practice areas in victor airways.

He has no clue what the word "restricted" means.

I'm looking at this sectional

http://skyvector.com/#52-28-3-4391-3470

About 10 miles NE of KJAN I see class C,E and a Victor. The next
Victor centerline is 18m NE. *Is this wrong?

What has this to do with your total lack of understanding of the terms
"restricted" and "designated practice area"?

I think you had a comprehension problem leading to your confusion
between retricted area and the topic of my post which was restricted
airspace. That's OK I understand your problem and it is quite common
in some personality types.

Cheers
Old September 11th 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

On Sep 12, 2:26*am, BeechSundowner wrote:
On Sep 11, 3:12*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

How patronising. Your stated location "10m NE of KJAN" seems to be
within 4 miles of the centerline of a Victor and since you were at
4000' are you maintaining that aerobatics are allowed there?

I was in a designated practice area. *While you may think I was
conducting aerobatics, even if I was, it was within legal airspace
confines. *Next you will tell me they allow practice areas to be place
in areas to terrorize airways near them. I will say I was well clear
of the outer shelf of Charlie, so my distance most likely was further
NE. *Try to use some common sense if you have any.

BTW, the 10 miles you should know is an approximate so you knew where
to look on the sectional. *One minutes flight takes me 2 miles. *I am
also based near a VOR with converging airways so other then proving
your point I was near airways, I was in a designated practice area
where abrupt flight maneuvers are expected.

Oh yeah, so if I do a power on stall that exceeds 30 degrees pitch up,
do you call that aerobatics? *That's not a normal flight pitch? *I got
bunches of videos of these posted flown in the same practice area. *I
bet you will avoid this question.

Oh yeah, power off stalls, when the nose pitches down more then 30
degrees. *Are you going to call that aerobatics? *I got bunches of
videos of these posted flown in the same practice area and I bet you
will avoid this question too.

This maneuver I performed is no different then stalls, it was a flight
maneuver to enhance my safety should a mid air be imminent.

I think I had enough of feeding your trolling characteristics
regarding the legality of this video *The video speaks for itself
regarding legality and like I said, I called my local FSDO and they
said I was within the legal FAA parameters based on what he heard from
me so no need to further respond to you regarding the legality of this
video.

Hey, I'm not the FAA and I really don't care what you do -except when
you portray it as something to be tried by others who are not also
encouraged to see training before experimenting with their aircraft. I
hope that you've learnt something from our discussion, but I'll not
expect you to be so magnanimous that you can admit it. I

You might also like to know that stalling is not the same as the
manoever you entered and carries lower exercise risk from the training
a student pilot receives -particlarly the wing drop and incipient
spin. The manouver you carried out is entry to a spiral dive and that
carries much greater risk for inexperienced pilots (such as yourself).
As I said, I recommend you go and take some lessons with an aerobatics
instructor it will improve your skills and you my enjoy it.

My 2c

Cheers

Old September 11th 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

On Sep 12, 3:48*am, jan olieslagers
wrote:
Mike Ash schreef:

[...]

A agree, area implies a ground reference. Airspace is often
restricted from certain actvities outside normal flight.

Cheers
Old September 11th 09, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

On Sep 12, 3:45*am, wrote:
Flaps_50! wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:15*am, wrote:
Flaps_50! wrote:
On Sep 8, 3:15*pm, wrote:
BeechSundowner wrote:
On Sep 7, 10:04*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

Nope, but I can see lots of restricted airspace and victors so where
is this NE training area exactly?

10 NE of KJAN per my post to you. *If you see **lots(( of restricted
airspace around KJAN, you need more lessons on reading sectionals..

Sounds to me like someone needs an extensive review of air space and
how to read sectionals at their next flight review.

The closest restricted area to KJAN I could find was about 70 nm away.

No, the victors are restricted airspace for aerobatics. Have another
look at the sectional.

Cheers

I said "restricted area".

You are blithering idiot.

Ok, look at this sectional and what do you see 10 miles NE of KJAN?

http://skyvector.com/#52-28-3-4391-3470

My question is, are aerobatics normally allowed in that location?

I'd say no, but if I'm wrong I'd like to know why (being a 'blithering
idiot').

The question is irrelevant as no one was doing "aerobatics" in the area.

That conclusion is at varience with that of others.

There are no restricted areas anywhere in that area.

You keep going back to that point, but you are the only one talking
bout restricted areas while I was talking about airspace.

You are a blithering idiot because in spite of being told the definitions
of "aerobatics", "restricted area", and "designated practice area" you
continue to babble on.

Listening is an important part of learning. If you think others with
other POVs are simply babbling you miss the point of communication.
I've learnt something from this conversation and I hope you have too.

Cheers
Old September 11th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flaps_50! wrote:
On Sep 12, 3:30Â*am, wrote:
Flaps_50! wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:15Â*am, wrote:
BeechSundowner wrote:
On Sep 10, 5:35Â*pm, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

No, the victors are restricted airspace for aerobatics. Have another
look at the sectional.

Before you continue to embarrass yourself, do you know the dimensions
of a victor airway?

Hint one, they don't put practice areas in victor airways.

He has no clue what the word "restricted" means.

I'm looking at this sectional

http://skyvector.com/#52-28-3-4391-3470

About 10 miles NE of KJAN I see class C,E and a Victor. The next
Victor centerline is 18m NE. Â*Is this wrong?

What has this to do with your total lack of understanding of the terms
"restricted" and "designated practice area"?

I think you had a comprehension problem leading to your confusion
between retricted area and the topic of my post which was restricted
airspace. That's OK I understand your problem and it is quite common
in some personality types.

You haven't a clue what the phrase "restricted airspace" means.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old September 11th 09, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

On Sep 12, 2:26*am, BeechSundowner wrote:
On Sep 11, 3:12*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

How patronising. Your stated location "10m NE of KJAN" seems to be
within 4 miles of the centerline of a Victor and since you were at
4000' are you maintaining that aerobatics are allowed there?

I was in a designated practice area. *While you may think I was
conducting aerobatics, even if I was, it was within legal airspace
confines. *Next you will tell me they allow practice areas to be place
in areas to terrorize airways near them. I will say I was well clear
of the outer shelf of Charlie, so my distance most likely was further
NE. *Try to use some common sense if you have any.

Well it was you who told me too look at the sectional and gave an
exact location. So i did. Yet strangely you now say that I need to
guess where your were becuase your could not have been breaking any
regs? Shessh. Like i said, a lesson in human factors and possibly air
nav. I can't help wonder if you understand how the lessons on why
'human factors' may lead to dangerous flying apply to everyone,
including yourself? This is not a criticism but thoughtful advice. As
I said, I don't want you to have an accident and I enjoy your
enthusiasm for flying. But if you do or say something unwise listen to
the other POV and take it on board. It's good pilotage. Good luck.

Anyway, I think this conversation is over.

Cheers

Old September 11th 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flaps_50! wrote:
On Sep 12, 3:45Â*am, wrote:
Flaps_50! wrote:
On Sep 11, 11:15Â*am, wrote:
Flaps_50! wrote:
On Sep 8, 3:15Â*pm, wrote:
BeechSundowner wrote:
On Sep 7, 10:04Â*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

Nope, but I can see lots of restricted airspace and victors so where
is this NE training area exactly?

10 NE of KJAN per my post to you. Â*If you see **lots(( of restricted
[...]

http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publi...3/aim0304.html

Search for the term "restricted airspace".

Note that the term is only used in conjunction with a restricted area.

snip babble

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old September 11th 09, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BeechSundowner

On Sep 11, 2:58*pm, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

Hey, I'm not the FAA and I really don't care what you do -except when
you portray it as something to be tried by others

Uh, TRY AGAIN????? Show me where I portray this, ANYWHERE!! Come on
now, back your words up with substance here. Show me where I
portrayed this that others should try this maneuver.

I bet you won't find anything and you just talking crap because you
can't post a right answer.

Dayem, you damn near talk the crap Mx does with equal reading
comprehension problems. You quote an incorrect FARS, incorrectly
comprehend FARS based on your responses , accuse me of busting FARS
and now this???? You really are a TROLL.
Old September 11th 09, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

In article
,

wrote:
Mike Ash schreef:

[...]

I did not say that "area implies a ground reference". I said that
restricted airspace is a specifically designated type of airspace by the
FAA in the United States. A restricted area is synonymous with an area
of restricted airspace.

Let me put this as simply as I possibly can: restricted area, and
restricted airspace, when in the context of aviation in the US, mean a
specific type of airspace designated as "restricted" by the FAA. This
airspace has a special designation on sectional charts. Class A, B, C,
D, E, and G airspaces are not restricted airspaces. Victor airways are
not restricted airspace. There is no restricted airspace anywhere near
KJAN.

You want to discuss "airspace where aerobatic flight is restricted" then
go for it, but USE A DIFFERENT TERM FOR IT.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth