Strong-armed by the "Quiet Birdmen"?

Old June 10th 16, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Strong-armed by the "Quiet Birdmen"?

Thus 'the secret & ancient' quiet birdmen. If they wanted to be renowned, they'd be a 'public' group such as the public libraries or the public health departments, or the Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts. ANYONE could join. My father was a 'Quiet Birdman,' and indeed he was quiet.

Protection of PRIVACY is also something that INTELLIGENT people value, and one of the descriptions of membership that the group probably wished to avoid is "ORDINARINESS." Because ALL of the members of this group are most likely EXTRAORDINARY in the sense of their own 'self,' (individuals that ultimately formed their group). I don't mean to imply 'legends-in-their-own-mind' men either, I mean for-REAL. They are ALL TRUE legends. I knew some of these members. In addition, they are definitely elite aviators. Define 'elite' any way you wish, but I mean it in the light of every positive adjective one can conjure from the English dictionary.

Men are allowed to convene in celebration of their own souls and obviously, these particular men do not wish to be intruded upon by any sort of 'riff-raff,' an entity of which could be a journalist or any media. A writer may claim that he only wishes to present an 'unbiased' article, but face-it, human-nature is all about self-interest, so the little bit of 'bias' I catch here is, "I want to be interesting." So, I have a suggestion: Form a "Quiet Writers" and decide the terms on which one can join your group.

Just like 'Dead Poets' Society,' only the great can belong. Assume whatever you wish. Great men don't care what anyone thinks. That are going to be great just because that was what they were born to do. I can only refer to a line from the movie 'Good Will Hunting' when I think of how to explain this to someone who might have any problem with any requirement of the Quiet Birdman...."At least I won't be ordinary."

I believe only an ordinary person would object to the fact that he could not break down the barriers of any brotherhood. The right to privacy and celebration will never die with these few, "these happy few."