Slightly off topic - Video Edit Software?

Old June 17th 04, 03:23 AM
Mark Zivley

Default Slightly off topic - Video Edit Software?

I promised Bill Daniels that I'd burn him a DVD of some of my winch
videos and the result is pretty horrible quality which is a result of
two things. A. I'm using Pinnacle Studio 8 and it's given me some
problems and I'm more than a bit peeved that in less than 6 months I am
foced to buy Version 9 and all support for 8 is gone. B. My DVD burner
is in my winpy laptop rather than my desktop which has more power.
After 3 hours of "churning then burning" the video on the DVD is junk.

Bottom line is I need to probably do two things. 1. Buy a DVD burner
for my desktop. 2. If there is better software out there that's
better for not too much then I'd like some recommendations. I'm running
XP pro with plenty of memory and speed.

Thanks,

Mark

Old June 17th 04, 04:21 AM
CO2ID

I shar your thought 100% on Pinnacle ver. 8. It cost a lot of $$$ and then a
few "weeks" later I am forced to upgrade. The owners must be related to Bill
Gates.

Joel

Old June 17th 04, 02:40 PM
Lennie the Lurker

Colin wrote in message . ..
(CO2ID) wrote:

http://www.serif.com

Might look at "Movie Plus".

IF it looks good to you, DON'T ORDER ON LINE. Call them, discounts
are normally more than 50%. I haven't used it much, but it seems to
grab video from my VCR nicely. Don't have an output on my Cam, can't
say anything about that. Editor is sorta nice, but different to use.
Old June 17th 04, 03:46 PM
Graham Dean

Allow me use this opportunity to introduce myself to the group and to
shamelessly promote my company's video editing software at the same time :-)

I work for Pure Motion Ltd here in the UK but I'm also a keen glider pilot.
You can see some gliding influences on our website in the top-right logo and
the fact that the panorama on the front page was taken on the same day as my
one and only visit to Omarama.

Anyway, to get the point: you might like to try EditStudio, our video
editing software as well as the MPEG XS plugin and DVD-lab for burning to
DVD. All are available as trial downloads from our website.

Both EditStudio and DVD-lab have won numerous awards from the press in the
UK (from, among others, Computer Video, PC Format and PC Plus magazines).
MPEG XS, our MPEG codec uses the same high quality encoder engine as some
much more expensive software so you shouldn't be disappointed in the quality
of the output.

Finally, we offer unparalleled customer support. We usually answer email
queries within an hour or so as well as supporting users via our website
community. We don't abandon our customers when we release new versions of
the software either.

Caution: I am affiliated with Pure Motion - I work for them!

Thanks,

--
Graham Dean, Pure Motion Ltd, www.puremotion.com

Old June 18th 04, 02:14 PM
WilLiscomb

Adobe Premier - lots of money but you get what you pay for....
williscomb

Old June 18th 04, 09:12 PM
Martin Hellman

Mark Zivley wrote in message m...
I'm using Pinnacle Studio 8 and it's given me some
problems and I'm more than a bit peeved that in less than 6 months I am
foced to buy Version 9 and all support for 8 is gone. B.
Bottom line is I need to probably do two things. 1. Buy a DVD burner
for my desktop. 2. If there is better software out there that's
better for not too much then I'd like some recommendations. I'm running
XP pro with plenty of memory and speed.

Eighteen months ago I bought a Mac, with about half my motivation
being that the user reviews I saw of Windows video editing sw were
about 80% like your posting, even on Pinnacle Studio which had been
selected as Editor's Choice by numerous places. One place even
retracted their Editor's Choice designation (and didn't reassign it)
when most of their readers complained. Apple's iMovie and iDVD aren't
perfect, but much better than the horror stories I hear in Windows
land. Also ... I almost have no worries about viruses.

It's true Mac hardware is a bit more expensive than comparable Windows
iron, but when you add in the cost of software to try and imitate the
software that comes with the Mac, I think it works out the other way.
Not to mention the value of your time and aggravation.

And, yes, I've used it to edit some soaring videos I've shot and am
very happy with the results.

Hope this helps.

Martin
Old June 18th 04, 09:50 PM
Mark Zivley

Looks like great software, but at $700 list on the web site I was hoping
for something under a 1/3 of that....