Electronic declaration

Old June 23rd 04, 07:36 PM
Eric Greenwell

K.P. Termaat wrote:

"Eric Greenwell"
schreef in bericht

Snip ..
The start and finish are not "post-declared" but are the release
and

landing.

Hello Eric,

Do you understand "This course must be declared" in 1.4.5.b. where it
also says "The TURN POINTS may be claimed once, in any sequence, or
not at all.

You snipped too much of my posting. Here it is more of it:

1 - How does one electronically declare a task with post declared
start and finish (such as 1000km diploma where the start and finish
do not need to be declared

No action is required for courses that do not need a declaration. The
start and finish are not "post-declared" but are the release and
landing.

1.4.5.b refers to courses with turnpoints, which must be declared. I was
referring to 1.4.5.a when I said "courses that do not need a
declaration". I should have referenced 1.4.5.a to eliminate any
confusion, especially since there is only one course (straight distance)
that doesn't have to be declared for badges. Several undeclared courses
are available for records, which is where my confusion came from.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old June 23rd 04, 07:47 PM
Eric Greenwell

Ramy Yanetz wrote:

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message

Ramy Yanetz wrote:

I'll add couple more questions:

1 - How does one electronically declare a task with post declared start

and

finish (such as 1000km diploma where the start and finish do not need to

be

declared

No action is required for courses that do not need a declaration. The
start and finish are not "post-declared" but are the release and landing.

1000km diploma require declaration of turnpoints only. Start and finish can
indeed be the release and landing.

without the logger automatically assign the first and last
turnpoints as start/finish?

The logger doesn't automatically do anything - it just lists the
turnpoints. You might see some kind of assignment for takeoff and
landing on flight display programs like SeeYou, but that is not the
logger. What logger are you using?

I am using winpilot declaration for volkslogger. It automatically assigns
the first turnpoint as start point and the last as finish, so the declared
task distance is much shorter. Will the release/landing still be considered
as start/finish even if other turnpoints are declared as such?

We've exceeded my knowledge of specific logger declaration methods, as
I'm most familiar with the Cambridge units. Is it possible to use
Volkslogger software to declare things differently? Or is there some way
to select "release" and "landing" as part of the declaration, so the
turnpoints don't get used for start/finish? There must be a way, since
release and landing are common features in badge and record flights. As
a workaround, you could use a paper declaration, but that is not very
satisfactory.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old June 24th 04, 08:34 AM
K.P. Termaat

Understand what you mean. Confusion is my problem too; it probably bothers
me even more than you at the moment.

I guess in 1.4.5.b it is not necessary either to declare startpoint and
finishpoint, but it may be done (not sure though).
Turnpoints must be declared. Lets say they appear on the declaration sheet
(or in the logger) as A, B and C and in that order.
After take off a pilot decides to go for a task St - C - A - Fin because he
finds promising weather conditions while "en route". He uses declared turn
points in a certain "sequence or not at all" and this is exactly what
1.4.5.b. allows.
Now what about "This course must be decared" ? as the rule states as its
last "informational remark".
Is that post declared or what. I can't see how a course can be
(pre-)declared before the flight when turnpoints may be visited "in any
sequence or not at all".
In my example of three declared turnpoints one can have 22 courses when "in
any sequence or not at all" applies.

Karel, NL (not a lawyer yet)

K.P. Termaat wrote:

[...]

Stars and Stripes Offers Free Electronic Newspaper, By Sgt. 1st Class Doug Sample, USA Otis Willie Naval Aviation 0 April 30th 04 09:45 PM
Stars and Stripes Offers Free Electronic Newspaper, By Sgt. 1st Class Doug Sample, USA Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 April 30th 04 09:45 PM
Future Electronic Attack Aircraft Mike P. Military Aviation 1 April 22nd 04 01:30 AM
Electronic Ignition Andre Home Built 1 September 5th 03 06:15 PM
Silver Badge Fun (?) Mark Zivley Soaring 43 July 14th 03 07:52 PM