Parowan, USA.Put it on your map.....# 711 reporting 6-22

Old June 23rd 04, 04:05 AM
TomnKeyLargo

Default Parowan, USA.Put it on your map.....# 711 reporting 6-22

Today made up for yesterday. The sky simply kept xploding with great white flat
bottom cu's. The best climb of the day was SM with a 17 kt average over several
thousand. Folks, these aren't vario readings, but the average climb over
several thousand ft. seen on See You. Yep, all had great flights, everybody
home, and a dinner made only for Kings and Queens. We even had little foam
gliders to play with at the dinner tables, ya just had to be here to understand
that one. Speeds....OE wins the day in Standard, KS wins the day in Sports and
711 wins the day in 15 Meter. High speed for the day, DRY, was 15 meter at
89.44 mph over 312 miles. Climbs were on the average of 7 to 10 kts. with
glides around 20 miles. Powerband was 12,500 to 16,500 ft. Tomorrow we are
waiting for cause its going to be even better yet. Some of the gang flew down
to the Grand Canyon today for their first turn. Yep, a big wow and smilin
faces. Fly safe, Thermal tight, Soar high. # 711 reporting.
Old June 23rd 04, 05:43 AM
Tuno

Thank you, 711, for the reports. You're consistently the first one to clock
in so please don't stop. No detail is too small!!!

2NO

Old June 23rd 04, 03:39 PM
Sue McMaster

Dude ~ You rock! Thanks for the daily reports from Parowan. Just the
tone of your words makes us all realize what we're missing.

Have fun & fly safe, 1 Ground
Old June 24th 04, 02:31 PM
Chris OCallaghan

It's good to see racers exploring the possibilities at Parowan. My
last visit, flights were pretty much limited to going N/S on the
Wasatch. And not very far south: St. George marks a definite change in
airmass most days. I'm looking forward to seeing the traces.

Tom, what are your impressions of the airport? When I visited, it was
unsuited to handly more than a dozen gliders at once. This has clearly
changed. Is it up to a National Contest?