Placards

Old May 9th 10, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

Default Placards

I know there has been several threads on making new glider placards to
replace old, hard to read ones. However, I think I have just found
something new that might be the best idea yet.

See: http://www.horizonsisg.com/alumajet/...-aluminum.html

These days, "archival quality, UV resistant ink" is available from
most inkjet manufacturers which, with a good clear coat, should make
very durable and highly attractive labels and placards.

AlumaJet sheets aren't cheap at $60 for a 10 sheet pack but the
quality might be worth it for some.

Bill D
Old May 9th 10, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

See:http://www.horizonsisg.com/alumajet/...ntable-aluminu....

These days, "archival quality, UV resistant ink" is available from
most inkjet manufacturers which, with a good clear coat, should make
very durable and highly attractive labels and placards.

AlumaJet sheets aren't cheap at $60 for a 10 sheet pack but the
quality might be worth it for some.

Bill D

I started using the AlumaJet for the name plates on my Craggy Aero
Ultimate Flight Computer. It requires a J path printer for the .005"
tickness or straight path printer for the thicker sheets. Most
standard printers won't work as they bend the paper 180 degrees.
Nice stuff and would work well for cockpit templates.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old May 9th 10, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

See:http://www.horizonsisg.com/alumajet/...ntable-aluminu...

These days, "archival quality, UV resistant ink" is available from
most inkjet manufacturers which, with a good clear coat, should make
very durable and highly attractive labels and placards.

AlumaJet sheets aren't cheap at $60 for a 10 sheet pack but the
quality might be worth it for some.

and for the less industrious folk: http://yourlookingforwhat.net/main/ac_products.htm

-Paul
Old May 9th 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Whatcott

sisu1a wrote:
See:http://www.horizonsisg.com/alumajet/...ntable-aluminu...

These days, "archival quality, UV resistant ink" is available from
most inkjet manufacturers which, with a good clear coat, should make
very durable and highly attractive labels and placards.

AlumaJet sheets aren't cheap at $60 for a 10 sheet pack but the
quality might be worth it for some.

and for the less industrious folk: http://yourlookingforwhat.net/main/ac_products.htm

-Paul

My thought too. I bought a production metal placard to prohibit
intentional spins in order to comply with an FAA directive from last
year. It was under $10 This was a quantity product,no doubt - it
affects all C-150s but still....

Brian W

Making Placards Charlie Home Built 13 December 7th 06 03:37 AM
Replacing Cockpit placards toad Soaring 9 March 28th 06 03:04 PM
Cockpit Placards Brian Iten Soaring 9 January 14th 05 04:11 AM
what placards are required? Dave Butler Owning 3 June 3rd 04 09:03 PM
Fuel Transfer Placards Ben Smith Owning 22 October 16th 03 02:32 PM