Parowan Day 4 6-23

Old June 24th 04, 03:56 AM
TomnKeyLargo

Default Parowan Day 4 6-23

Some build ups, so, like whats the problem man. Like none, 7V blew the doors
off in Standard at 93 mph. KS ran around 90 mph in Sports. Then comes P7, like
98 mph in 15 Meter. The weather did have bumpers in all areas. Standards had a
AST, 15 Meters changed to a 1 turn MAT with a 3 hour window. Sports had a MAT
also. Most came home from the North, and their were micro bursts all around the
airport area. Some got big down, over 18 kts was reported by one. WX still
leads Standard with 7V close behind. P7 leads 15 Meter with RW in second.
Sports has 9B still in 1st, with KS a handful of points behind. Some long runs
with strong lift, bottoms above 180, so we cann't go over 17,500 with getting
our hands slapped. The ground crew, Brian and Paul, with his 2 sons, and
several others are really doing a great job, along with the tow pilots. Karl
and Iris are putting on a really great show. Charlie, both of them, ha, ha, are
doing well also. Today Charlie S. was told he was kinda grumpy, and he asked
some of us if he had been that way. Of course with our points in his control,
we said it just could not of been him, and in a short while, he was smilin from
ear to ear, and that folks is one big grin. From the first contest day, all of
the new contest pilots are getting a 30 minute brief by KS, X, and SM. They are
doing this to help the new contest pilots out by a question and answer period.
Fly safe, Thermal tight, Soar high. # 711 reporting.