George Uveges 1970 Marfa Photo Set

Old March 21st 14, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Brayer

Default George Uveges 1970 Marfa Photo Set

On Tuesday, March 18, 2014 12:09:39 PM UTC-4, Kevin Christner wrote:
HI all,

I just uploaded a number of George Uveges photos from the 1970 World Championships at Marfa TX. I have another set that I will be uploading in the next day or two. Thanks to George for allowing these to be publicly posted and to the NSM for loaning out the slides for digitization.

I now have access to equipment to digitize just about any sort of film or video media. I would like to gather as much content as possible. Please e-mail me if you have any materials you would like to contribute.

Website he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4957907...7642545270585/

Best regards,

Kevin

2C

is there anywhere anyone knows of where you can get a print of the shot where george is flying the nimbus?
Old March 22nd 14, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

All this Marfa talk reminded me of meeting Billy Shurley there and being
invited to his ranch home. These days I fly his Ag Wagon at Moriarty (it
has a plaque on the panel). I knew he was a nice man, but reading his
obituary was an eye opener:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=50845870

R.I.P, Billy.

Old March 29th 14, 09:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thank you!