Tree (1) Airplane (0)

Old December 26th 06, 01:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan[_1_]

Default Tree (1) Airplane (0)

The individual that sent this to me stated that in this instance the pilot
was not seriously injured and did indeed climb down and walk away.
I didn't come up with anything on N6487J in the NTSB database.
Alan
"Luke" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message

Any landing you can walk away from....

Luke

Old December 26th 06, 02:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

There currently isn't a record of this accident in the NTSB database. The
bird is based in Colorado.
(http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...umbertxt=6487J) And,
mountains in the background look like Colorado.

The accident must have occurred just prior to the big snow storm.

There was a case of N7487J landing in the trees of the end of the runway
back in 1978 (http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?ev_id=41607&key=0). That
was the only Piper with a registration ending in 87J that NTSB reports say
anything about a collision with a tree.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Old December 26th 06, 10:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Heavyhorses

"Luke" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message

Any landing you can walk away from....

Luke

yes.......but mind the step ;-)

Old December 26th 06, 10:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Heavyhorses

Old December 26th 06, 07:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 09:11:50 -0000, "Cumulus Glider Rescue"
wrote:

It was placed there on purpose as an advertising stunt hence no ntsb
records!

Well they went to an awful lot of trouble then... Laying out broken
branches and even strining up yellow police tape... Even crushing the
wing just right so it would fit...

Old December 27th 06, 07:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
bob

It's not in the NTSB database because the accident occured just recently in
Colorado:

Pilot Of Crashed Plane Speaks
Reporter: Katherine Cook

"Any landing you can walk away from, is a good landing," said Terry
Brookham, a day after he crashed his Piper Cherokee 180 into a tree outside
the Meadow Lake Airport.
Brookham says he was practicing nighttime takeoffs when his plane lost
power.
"I was just trying to get the airplane down safe."
But at 40 knots, Brookham says he was too low to hit the runway, so he went
for plan B.
"I tried to line up on Judge Orr Road and I probably would have made it, but
I'm pretty sure I saw a car coming so I went off into the tree."
Brookham's only injuries were 2 small scratches on his head. He says he got
those when he kicked out the windshield and climbed down from the tree.
Brookham has been flying since 1975 and says he's not sure what went wrong
Thursday night.
"I don't think anything's wrong with the airplane... maybe there's something
wrong with me."
The Federal Aviation Administration is helping figure that out, while
Brookham figures out how he survived. He says it might have had something to
do with an angel.
"Oh I definitely had one in the co-pilot seat, no doubt about it."
Brookham says the good thing about landing in the tree was it saved a lot of
other planes on the ground from being crushed. He says he hopes to start
flying again in about a week.

"Luke" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message

Any landing you can walk away from....

Luke

Plane crashes into tree Morgans Piloting 81 January 9th 07 01:24 AM
Why there is an angel on top of the Christmas Tree john smith Piloting 1 December 27th 06 12:23 AM
Tree flying??? Gary Emerson Soaring 2 May 31st 06 05:08 AM
Nut Tree, VacaVvlle CA- looking for A&P for pre-buy inspection Michael Horowitz Home Built 3 July 25th 05 09:18 PM
I crashed into an air tree ! Brian Raab Piloting 4 October 4th 04 07:52 PM