plane crashed on takeoff attempt after emergency landing

Old October 28th 05, 04:13 PM
Toks Desalu

Default plane crashed on takeoff attempt after emergency landing

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4038264

I found this link in alt.binaries.multimedia.aviation. I thought you guys
should see this. After seeing this clip, I wonder why the pilot would begin
a takeoff rollout with all the vehicles on the side of road. The risk factor
would cut down enormously if you ask those vehicles to move away.

Comments?

Toks Desalu
PP-ASEL
Dyin' to Soar

Old October 28th 05, 04:29 PM
George Patterson

Toks Desalu wrote:

After seeing this clip, I wonder why the pilot would begin
a takeoff rollout with all the vehicles on the side of road.

He was stupid enough to run the plane out of gas and you wonder that he's still
stupid after they fill it up again?

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.
Old October 28th 05, 04:47 PM
Dave Stadt

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Toks Desalu wrote:

After seeing this clip, I wonder why the pilot would begin
a takeoff rollout with all the vehicles on the side of road.

He was stupid enough to run the plane out of gas and you wonder that he's

still
stupid after they fill it up again?

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your

neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.

Don't most insurance policies provide disassembly, removal and reassembly
for situations like this to prevent situations like this? My policy is in
the safe but I am pretty sure it does.

Old October 28th 05, 07:07 PM
Robert M. Gary

Sadily, I don't think this is the only video of the same thing.

-Robert

Old October 28th 05, 07:32 PM
Ben Smith

Comments?

Wholly smokes.

Old October 28th 05, 08:12 PM
Wallace Berry

In article 4er8f.26$kj6.17@trndny03,
"Toks Desalu" wrote:

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4038264

You'd a thunk he would have heard the old saw "No such thing as an
emergency takeoff".

A friend who used to run a flight school had a renter total a 152 pretty
much the same way. Landed on a road due to "engine trouble" then tried
to take off again. Clipped a sign and proceeded into the woods.
Old October 28th 05, 09:36 PM
Potato Chip

holy smokes, this guy is deep in the hole now.

i doubt insurance will cover any of the damage. totalled airplane,
damage to the truck, damage to the fire engine, and towing.

that is one hell of an expensive golf outing.

jae

Old October 28th 05, 10:02 PM
kontiki

Toks Desalu wrote:

Comments?

A safe pilot would have walked down the takeoff route carefully
measuring the distance and the side to side clearances. Both the
emergency landing and the collision on takeoff were preventable.

My comment is only to seriously question the judgement of the pilot.

Old October 28th 05, 10:03 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"kontiki" wrote in message

Toks Desalu wrote:

Comments?

A safe pilot would have walked down the takeoff route carefully
measuring the distance and the side to side clearances. Both the
emergency landing and the collision on takeoff were preventable.

My comment is only to seriously question the judgement of the pilot.

A question that the FAA will likely ask.

Old October 29th 05, 12:16 AM
Kyle Boatright

"Potato Chip" wrote in message
oups.com...
holy smokes, this guy is deep in the hole now.

i doubt insurance will cover any of the damage. totalled airplane,
damage to the truck, damage to the fire engine, and towing.

Why? If the guy has insurance, he's covered. Same as if you wreck your
(insured) car while driving drunk, without a license, doing the nasty with
under-age prostitutes, taking pot shots out the window with your illegal
machine gun, and transporting a trunk full of mary-jane..

You'd have a heck of a time getting the *next* policy underwritten, but your
current policy is in effect...

KB