RAF Wave Project 1961

Old March 2nd 05, 02:53 PM
Jim Corbett

Default RAF Wave Project 1961

Hi all,

I'm seeking information regarding the RAF's Wave Project during 1961
at RAF Crosby, now Carlisle Airport.

I am particularly interested in the type of gliders used and if
possible to learn the identity of one which made a forced landing on
or around 28/01/1961 with Sgt Leslie Manley at the controls.

Sgt Manley lost lift and was forced down on the remote Northumberland
moors, he was lost for over 24 hours before turning up on the doorstep
of a farm many miles away, having wondered the moors looking for help.

Looking forward to any replies.

Yours,

Jim Corbett
Email: jimDOTcorbettATaciaDOTcoDOTuk, replacing DOT and AT with the
obvious!
Old March 3rd 05, 04:03 PM

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your reply. Are you aware of the period when Lemmy Tanner
was based at Carlisle. I am now trying to seek photos of the glider
which crashed with Sgt Manley at the controls and also to learn its
identity.

Thanks,

Jim

Old March 4th 05, 09:38 PM

Thanks Robin,

I will try that line in an attempt to contact Lemmy.

Thanks,

Jim

Old March 4th 05, 09:39 PM

Thanks Colin,

I will certainly contact him now following this post, he may have
photos of Sgt Manley or the glider involved in the incident at
Bellingham.

Thanks for your time.

Jim

V-6 STOL Project For Sale Bruce A. Frank Home Built 0 January 28th 05 07:28 AM
Kansas Wave Flight Steve Soaring 0 May 4th 04 05:14 AM
1,633 km (1,015 sm) Sierra Wave Flight Kizuno Soaring 10 March 31st 04 05:35 PM
Help, Need Wave forecast Kevin R. Anderson Soaring 2 March 1st 04 06:26 PM
AI Acft- A Gem Discovered mike popken Simulators 4 January 11th 04 05:06 AM