New demands for more GA security

Old March 14th 05, 03:33 PM
C J Campbell

Default New demands for more GA security

From an AP article today:

"Officials said that the thousands of general aviation airports - which host
recreational planes, business jets, helicopters and other kinds of
noncommercial aircraft - must all have security measures that are equivalent
to TSA mandates at commercial airports."

It would be interesting to know precisely what "officials" said this, but
the article refers to them only as "officials" throughout.

--
Christopher J. Campbell
World Famous Flight Instructor

Ne Obliviscaris

Old March 14th 05, 03:59 PM
Ray Bengen

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/14/po...rtner=homepage

From an AP article today:

Old March 14th 05, 04:58 PM
Paul kgyy

FBI and Homeland Security - both genuine experts on aviation...

Old March 14th 05, 05:13 PM
Jim Burns

Yep.... and replace the word airplane with boat, car, truck, train,
taxi-cab, subway, bus, motorcycle, bicycle, skateboard, rollerskate, or
horse and buggy and it would make just as much sense.

"Paul kgyy" wrote in message
oups.com...
FBI and Homeland Security - both genuine experts on aviation...

Old March 14th 05, 05:18 PM
C J Campbell

"Ray Bengen" wrote in message
news

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/14/po...rtner=homepage

The article still only refers to them as "officials." No names. It is not
even clear that these particular "officials" work for the FBI or Homeland
Security; only that the "officials" are commenting on a report written by
those organizations.

The vast majority of terrorist attacks seem to be with car bombs and rocket
propelled grenades, yet I have not noticed a call by any "officials" for
metal detectors and bomb sniffers in every garage. I want to know who these
"officials" are and I want to know why they have not been fired.

Old March 14th 05, 07:46 PM
C J Campbell

"Tom Fleischman" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
In article , C J Campbell
wrote:

snip
The vast majority of terrorist attacks seem to be with car bombs and

rocket
propelled grenades, yet I have not noticed a call by any "officials" for
metal detectors and bomb sniffers in every garage. I want to know who

these
"officials" are and I want to know why they have not been fired.

Gee, I wonder if it could be because so many Americans have been
misled into supporting the neocon *******s who are destroying
everything America stands for and are responsible for keeping them in
their jobs.

Near as I can tell, the commie scum who claim to oppose them are even worse.

Old March 15th 05, 04:47 AM
C J Campbell

"Tom Fleischman" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
In article , C J Campbell
wrote:

"Tom Fleischman" wrote in

message
rthlink.net...
In article , C J Campbell
wrote:

snip
The vast majority of terrorist attacks seem to be with car bombs and

rocket
propelled grenades, yet I have not noticed a call by any "officials"

for
metal detectors and bomb sniffers in every garage. I want to know

who
these
"officials" are and I want to know why they have not been fired.

Gee, I wonder if it could be because so many Americans have been
misled into supporting the neocon *******s who are destroying
everything America stands for and are responsible for keeping them in
their jobs.

Near as I can tell, the commie scum who claim to oppose them are even

worse.

Near as I can tell, the days of "commie scum" being any kind of threat
to America ended in the 1980's. The neocons, however, are destroying
our way of life, our freedoms, our standing in the world community, and
our economy as we speak. And more to the point of the thread, your
so-called "commie scum" do not in any way, shape, or form have anything
to do with the idiocy we see coming out of the oxymoronically named
Dept. of Homeland Security.

Sure, you want to call people names, but you don't like being called names
in return. You commie scum. What a hypocrite.

Old March 15th 05, 05:45 AM
Morgans

"Tom Fleischman" wrote in message
news:150320050023494142% Wake up, CJ. Find the hurt little boy inside
yourself and get some
help. I'm sure it must be hell for you going through life with so much
hate and anger inside.

\
Nah, he just hates having weenies dump on his political party. So do I .
Keep the politics out, and just call a weenie a weenie.
--
Jim in NC

Old March 15th 05, 06:19 AM
Montblack

("Tom Fleischman" wrote)
Wake up, CJ. Find the hurt little boy inside yourself and get some
help. I'm sure it must be hell for you going through life with so much
hate and anger inside.

He's Mormon and so probably still a little upset that his people never did
get paid for digging that tunnel on the first transcontinental railroad.

BTW, I've got myself a skinny little kid inside me. He's all the time
yelling I'm hungry, eat something, now!! Talk about demonic possession.

Mmm, ice cream, newsgroups, and up past bedtime (...see what I mean)

Montblack