Any restaurant walkable from KGYR?

Old February 19th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Noel

Default Any restaurant walkable from KGYR?

We've flown from Tucson to the Phoenix area a gazillion times for breakfast,
visiting Chandler, Falcon, Glendale, Scottsdale, Gateway and Deer Valley.
Is there anything reachable on foot within a mile of Goodyear? Any other
suggestions for the Phoenix area?

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

Old February 19th 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess

"Mike Noel" wrote in message
. ..
We've flown from Tucson to the Phoenix area a gazillion times for
breakfast, visiting Chandler, Falcon, Glendale, Scottsdale, Gateway and
Deer Valley. Is there anything reachable on foot within a mile of
Goodyear? Any other suggestions for the Phoenix area?

--
Best Regards,

I am flying there in the morning weather permiting. I will let you know.

Old February 19th 08, 09:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Feb 19, 6:26*pm, "Mike Noel" wrote:
We've flown from Tucson to the Phoenix area a gazillion times for breakfast,
visiting Chandler, Falcon, Glendale, Scottsdale, Gateway and Deer Valley.
Is there anything reachable on foot within a mile of Goodyear? *Any other
suggestions for the Phoenix area?

Tried google earth?

Cheers
Old February 19th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Noel

Yep, tried Google Earth. The picture of the airport area is 10 years old
and I didn't notice any restaurants in the old depiction.

Old February 19th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Mike Noel wrote:
Yep, tried Google Earth. The picture of the airport area is 10 years old
and I didn't notice any restaurants in the old depiction.

I looked on Google Earth and selected Dining and found this 1.19 miles
away. Never eaten there but is sounds interesting.

http://www.5395soulfood.com/
Old February 19th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Feb 20, 6:09*am, "Mike Noel" wrote:
Yep, tried Google Earth. *The picture of the airport area is 10 years old
and I didn't notice any restaurants in the old depiction.

On Google earth I can see a bunch of restaurants under 2 miles away.
Now switch to google maps from GE and you'll see a lot more., the
closest being

Tony's Cafeý
301 W Main St, Avondale, AZ
(623) 932-0411ý

About 0.5 m from the airport gates. If the GE picture is old maybe
that's homeland security...

Cheers
Old February 19th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Noel

I knew there were some fairly close from AOPA's database. But could you
walk it without dogging cars and walking in the weeds?

Old February 19th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Mike Noel wrote:
I knew there were some fairly close from AOPA's database. But could you
walk it without dogging cars and walking in the weeds?

You didn't say you wanted a safe walk.
Old February 20th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Feb 20, 9:22*am, "Mike Noel" wrote:
I knew there were some fairly close from AOPA's database. *But could you
walk it without dogging cars and walking in the weeds?
--

Have a look at the local street pictures in Google maps... There's
even a 'cycle cop on one corner whose, been waiting for you for the

Cheers