Original F-117 Sketch

Old February 15th 04, 12:41 PM
robert arndt

Default Original F-117 Sketch

the "Hopeless Diamond" version:

http://www.f-117a.com/images/XST/hdiamond1.gif

Looks much different from the designs the Germans came up with for
their MBB Lampyridae (Firefly)... independently, of course. The German
design was much better at radar defraction and was from the onset
designed as an armed interceptor.
But US pressure cancelled the program just like the Canadian CF-105
Arrow.

Rob

p.s. However, it is not quite confirmed that the Germans actually
stopped with their stealth program. Reports of Firefly II stealth
aircraft being tested in South Africa have persisted for years just as
the now-confirmed German-assisted firing of an Israeli cruise missile
off South Africa's coast on one of the Dolphin subs.
Old February 15th 04, 06:00 PM
t_mark

But US pressure cancelled the program just like the Canadian CF-105
Arrow.

Yes, everywhere there have been these "superior" programs the US has somehow
managed to pressure them all to be cancelled.

I hear we also bring down the sun every once in a while and strong-arm or
bribe scientists to claim it's just something called an "eclipse".

Here's your hat.

Old February 15th 04, 10:06 PM
B2431

From: (robert arndt)

the "Hopeless Diamond" version:

http://www.f-117a.com/images/XST/hdiamond1.gif

Looks much different from the designs the Germans came up with for
their MBB Lampyridae (Firefly)... independently, of course.

And it looks "much different from" the Mona Lisa. Congratulations on your
powers of observation.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old February 16th 04, 12:52 AM
robert arndt

"t_mark" wrote in message news:AtOXb.44204$L_4.37562@okepread01...
But US pressure cancelled the program just like the Canadian CF-105
Arrow.

Yes, everywhere there have been these "superior" programs the US has somehow
managed to pressure them all to be cancelled.

I hear we also bring down the sun every once in a while and strong-arm or
bribe scientists to claim it's just something called an "eclipse".

Here's your hat.

And here's the facts:

http://www.invisible-defenders.org/p...lampyridae.htm

Rob
Old February 16th 04, 01:17 AM
B2431

From: (robert arndt)

At least you didn't try to claim the F-117 was drived from "lampyridae."

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old February 16th 04, 01:47 AM
robert arndt

"t_mark" wrote in message news:AtOXb.44204$L_4.37562@okepread01...
But US pressure cancelled the program just like the Canadian CF-105
Arrow.

Yes, everywhere there have been these "superior" programs the US has somehow
managed to pressure them all to be cancelled.

I hear we also bring down the sun every once in a while and strong-arm or
bribe scientists to claim it's just something called an "eclipse".

Here's your hat.

http://novaonline.nvcc.edu/eli/evans...9/Arrow59.html

FYI, the Arrow was the greatest interceptor of the time and one of the
greatest aircraft of all time. It could do Mach 2.5 fourteen years
before the F-15 could and was developing a weapon system the
equivalent of the AMRAAM in the 1950s! Furthermore, it could reach the
same height as the CIA's U-2 making the Arrow an instant threat to the
CIA, who promptyly notified the President. That's when we started
pressuring Canada with the BOMARCs and threatening to place them south
of the Canadian border if the Arrow Program wasn't cancelled. It
was... on "Black Friday" with the loss of 15,000 employees, all the
aircraft, tooling, and all documentation. The entire project was wiped
out and along with it the pride of Canada and Avro which could have
been a world-class aircraft producer.
Same story goes for the Avro disc aircraft derived from the German
discs. They had the lead and were making progress- we got involved,
shut their efforts down, took all the technology, and brought it home-
giving it to Lockheed and Northrop. No conspiracies here buddy, just
cold hard facts. The US is ruthless when others have better stuff. And
don't start with the Avrocar nonsense- that piece of cooperative junk
was never meant to fly but to mislead the Reds into thinking that was
the best we could do with disc technology. No sir, Lockheed took over
and built the craft that led to the black projects flying today.

Rob
Old February 16th 04, 01:56 AM
Thomas Schoene

robert arndt wrote:
the "Hopeless Diamond" version:

http://www.f-117a.com/images/XST/hdiamond1.gif

Looks much different from the designs the Germans came up with for
their MBB Lampyridae (Firefly)... independently, of course.

Lampyridae reportedly began development in 1981. Have Blue flew in the
1970s. Who was copying whom?

The German
design was much better at radar defraction and was from the onset
designed as an armed interceptor.

It might have occurred to them that a LO aircraft with conventional active
radar (State fo the art for the 1980s) was a fairly pointless undertaking.
Ther'es a good reaosn the F-117 does not have radar.

But US pressure cancelled the program just like the Canadian
CF-105 Arrow.

Ah, the eternal lament of would-be super-plane builders everywhere. Easier
to blame the US than their own governments, I guess.

p.s. However, it is not quite confirmed that the Germans actually
stopped with their stealth program. Reports of Firefly II stealth
aircraft being tested in South Africa have persisted for years just as
the now-confirmed German-assisted firing of an Israeli cruise missile
off South Africa's coast on one of the Dolphin subs.

Confirmed? Sez who? I've seen viogorous denials of these alleged cruise
missile tests, but no evidence that they actually happened.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)

Old February 16th 04, 02:46 AM
t_mark

p.s. However, it is not quite confirmed that the Germans actually
stopped with their stealth program. Reports of Firefly II stealth
aircraft being tested in South Africa have persisted for years just as
the now-confirmed German-assisted firing of an Israeli cruise missile
off South Africa's coast on one of the Dolphin subs.

Confirmed? Sez who? I've seen viogorous denials of these alleged cruise
missile tests, but no evidence that they actually happened.

And don't forget the other weapon the South Africans tested for the Germans
(or the Israelis, or the French, or the Chinese, or insert_name_here) that
actually shot down a UFO about a decade ago: a Mirage-mounted particle
beam.

(That daggum UFO wandered into the wrong test range that day.)