military career book

Old November 27th 04, 07:29 AM
msbom

Default military career book

Just Published...

Military Career Fields

Are you considering the Armed Forces for either a term or two of service, or as a twenty-year career? Military Career Fields is a convenient and useful resource by which you can become familiar with the variety of career fields, for both commissioned and enlisted ranks, that are available in the U.S. Armed Forces.

From flying supersonic aircraft to piloting a nuclear submarine; from patrolling our coastlines to leading a platoon of soldiers; from delivering mission essential parts to a flight line in Alaska to digital video editing as a videographer; a variety of challenging, rewarding, and meaningful fields of specialty await you in the Armed Forces.developing skills and providing invaluable work experience which can serve you well when seeking employment in the private sector after you have served in protecting your country with honor and distinction in the U.S. military.

Military Career Fields will help you make a more informed decision regarding the honor and benefits of serving in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard.

Click here to review or purchase

http://www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/b...=0-595-33811-9

Old November 27th 04, 09:07 AM

The same comments from RAM are germane he

Not mentioned: it's $14.
It's vanity press.

"....to piloting a nuclear submarine..."

Uh huh...I wanna be one of them nukelear sub pilots.

From the web site:
About the authors:
Vincent Ballew (M.S.,University of LaVerne; B.S., Wayland Baptist
University) served on active duty in U.S.A.F.
Served during Desert Shield and Desert Storm.

Chris Hvezda (B.S.,Wayland BaptistUniversity; Graduate Studies in
Theologyand Philosophy,Lincoln Christian Seminary) served anactive duty
enlistmentin the U.S.A.F., and served, as well, as a commissioned
officer in the U.S.A.F. Reserves.

No offense fellas, but your CVs look a little light, and other than the
front matter, this looks like straight cut and paste from government
(and therefore uncopyrighted) sources.....
Old November 27th 04, 10:35 PM
msbom

I spent several years in the Air Force and I wanted to get the information
about Military career fields out to people. The Air Force gave me a great
start to my life. My son is 17 and he was asking me about the military so I
put this together. I hope people enjoy it. As far as making money it cost
a ME money to have this printed. We have ordered sever copies to GIVE to
recruiting offices. It is a thanks to to the Military. As to the time
spent to get this off the ground over 600 hours and over $3,000. I am not
going to make money on this project. It was not about the money.

Thanks
Vince

wrote in message ...

The same comments from RAM are germane he

Not mentioned: it's $14.
It's vanity press.

"....to piloting a nuclear submarine..."

Uh huh...I wanna be one of them nukelear sub pilots.

From the web site:

Old November 28th 04, 03:06 AM

msbom wrote:

I spent several years in the Air Force and I wanted to get the information
about Military career fields out to people. The Air Force gave me a great
start to my life. My son is 17 and he was asking me about the military so I
put this together. I hope people enjoy it. As far as making money it cost
a ME money to have this printed. We have ordered sever copies to GIVE to
recruiting offices. It is a thanks to to the Military. As to the time
spent to get this off the ground over 600 hours and over $3,000. I am not
going to make money on this project. It was not about the money.

Thanks
Vince

I certainly realize that vanity publishing requires payment from the
author. My original post was not about the money either.

The preview portion available online didn't seem to offer anything that
wasn't already available from official sources. Meanwhile, statements
like "piloting a nuclear submarine" are sure to attract the attention of
the detail-oriented. In the context of the sea services and military
ships, "piloting" has a very specific meaning, and it most often means
that a civilian with detailed knowlege of a particular waterway,
roadstead or port/harbor is directing the movements of the ship during
its transit in or out of that area. Playing loose with naval terminology
simply makes me wonder about other lapses in attention to detail, that's
all...