Yellow tags

Old February 16th 04, 03:03 PM
Mike Z.

Default Yellow tags

I am still filtering out all the usual paperwork that comes with a previously loved airplane. You know, the usual receipts for 12
new batteries dating back to WWII etc.

Anyway, there are lots of yellow tags stapled in the logs and almost as many in various envelopes.

I was scanning the logs onto a CD and it got me thinking.

Do the yellow tags have to stay in the logbook or can I neaten up and keep them all together in an envelope?

Mike Z

Old February 16th 04, 03:20 PM
Jay Smith

Mike Z. wrote:
I am still filtering out all the usual paperwork that comes with a previously loved airplane. You know, the usual receipts for 12
new batteries dating back to WWII etc.
Anyway, there are lots of yellow tags stapled in the logs and almost as many in various envelopes.
I was scanning the logs onto a CD and it got me thinking.
Do the yellow tags have to stay in the logbook or can I neaten up and keep them all together in an envelope?

I would leave them stapled in the logbook. It gives a clearer chronology
of what was installed when.

Old February 18th 04, 11:46 AM
JDupre5762

Do the yellow tags have to stay in the logbook or can I neaten up and keep
them all together in an envelope?

Yes you can keep the yellow tags separate from the logbooks. I have seen
people use photo albums with the clear contact sheet covers. You can also
simply throw away a lot of them. Having a yellow tag for a twenty year old
starter that was replaced ten years ago doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Since the component is no longer on the aircraft I can't see why keeping that
information is helpful. Keeping yellow tags for currently installed equipment
is the only real requirement.

John Dupre'
Old February 18th 04, 03:45 PM
Ron Natalie

"JDupre5762" wrote in message ...
Keeping yellow tags for currently installed equipment
is the only real requirement.

Actually, there's not even a requirement for that, however it behooves you
to do so because sometimes knowing the date and nature of the last overhaul
can save you some grief at a later AD time.

Old February 18th 04, 06:25 PM
Ron Natalie

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message ...

Actually, in this day and age, I'd almost argue that there *is* a
regulatory requirement. Else, how would you *prove* to an ASI that
the part you installed was not a SUP and that you were in compliance
with 43.13(a/b)?

The log book entry.

Old February 18th 04, 08:17 PM
Ron Natalie

"Bill Hale" wrote in message om...

I'm looking for the FAR section... not finding it. Bill Hale A&P

You won't find any such FAR section.
The repair station is required to keep them for two years, there's no specific
requirement for the aircraft owner to keep them.

Old February 19th 04, 11:06 PM
Newps

Mike Long wrote:

For resale, I would keep the record forever, even if in a separate folder.

Why? Is there some idiot out there that's going to ask for a yellow tag
for a part that isn't on the airplane anymore?

Overall yellow Fw-190A-6 ??? Vicente Vazquez Military Aviation 5 April 20th 04 12:05 AM
Yellow, yellow. Fil330 Owning 1 November 2nd 03 03:13 PM
blue foam, pink foam, yellow foam? Corrie Home Built 26 September 1st 03 05:01 PM