Future of GA piston fuel?

Old February 17th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_3_]

Default Future of GA piston fuel?

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
. ..

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
Stupid idea by enviro-wacko, takes more energy to make
alcohol and it is now making tacos more expensive in Mexico,
fueling [pun intended] the Mexican invasion.

Yep, but unfortunately, all that's likely to result in is the US giving
the Mexican Government grants to hold down tortilla prices. Even worse,
the corrupt bureaucracy down there will abscond with the money and
tortilla prices won't come down. ;-)

In which case they can kiss the whole enchilada good-bye! :~)

Old February 17th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
nrp

On Feb 16, 2:41 am, "Jim Macklin"
wrote:
They are looking at a universal "gasoline" for cars and
aviation. Can be done fairly easily for new engines, but
retrofitting high compression, turbo-charged or other high
demand engines will cost a lot.
The government and private organizations are working on it.

Jim - Are "they" really working on it? I wonder just how many
aircraft engines are under serious test and in what lab is it being
done. I have a funny feeling that there are none. It certainly has
been quiet out there except for the hand wringing.

Given the ongoing number of naysayers etc after 20 years of autofuel
experience, how long is it going to take for everyone (fuel and
airframe manufacturers, lawyers, repair shops, engine suppliers, etc)
to endorse a financially acceptible substitute for 100LL without major
engine modifications or even engine substitutions.

Personally I don't think it is going to happen.

Old February 18th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_3_]

"nrp" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 16, 2:41 am, "Jim Macklin"
wrote:
They are looking at a universal "gasoline" for cars and
aviation. Can be done fairly easily for new engines, but
retrofitting high compression, turbo-charged or other high
demand engines will cost a lot.
The government and private organizations are working on it.

Jim - Are "they" really working on it? I wonder just how many
aircraft engines are under serious test and in what lab is it being
done. I have a funny feeling that there are none.

http://www.engineteststand.com/
http://www.gami.com/prism.html

Of course, they've been saying "STC Certification expected soon", for three
or more years now.
--
Matt Barrow
Performance Homes, LLC

Fractional piston ownership - what say you? Nathan Young Owning 2 November 14th 06 07:23 PM
How to ACCURATELY measure fuel/gas in a single-engine piston aircraft? NoSpam Piloting 31 January 9th 04 01:45 AM
Piston engine 101 Course? [email protected] Owning 9 October 28th 03 02:35 PM
#1 Piston Fighter was British Kevin Brooks Military Aviation 170 August 26th 03 06:34 PM
#1 piston fighter? Peter Stickney Military Aviation 18 July 12th 03 12:16 AM