The Last Gathering of Mustangs

Old October 2nd 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default The Last Gathering of Mustangs

I too was dissapointed that I could not fly in. There was traffic
after the TFR expired. I could have timed my arrival and departures
but the FBO said that no traffic was being allowed in. I should have
called the FAA.

Bob

Old October 2nd 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
tjd

On Oct 2, 8:56 am, wrote:
I too was dissapointed that I could not fly in.

Yeah, I wished I could have flown too, seems like they could have done
something to accomodate GA traffic at Rickenbacker. But, it's a minor
gripe, at least for me, since it was only a 3 hour drive. I was
thinking of going into TZR but didn't plan far enough in advance and
then saw they were completely full.

FWIW, I didn't have any problems with ground traffic, etc. They had
plenty of cops on the scene directing traffic and made some 2-way
roads both lanes in one direction. Spent 30 minutes or so looking
around after the flying part was done and got right out no problems.

Old October 5th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
vlado

The count of Mustangs in attendance is a number between 79 and 83.
The final count is not out yet. (Where is the last airshow where you
saw 70+ Mustangs all in one place? That's all that mattered to me!)
Yes, there were a lot of Mustangs, but not all pilots were formation
qualified OR current. These very independent and type-A owners are
hard to get in one spot to practice formation flying. The next time
you see a Mustang pilot, don't ask: 'Does it have an
Allison?'.......rather ask: 'Are you formation qualified AND current?'
Thx,
VL