Why Airplanes Fly - Voids Above A Planar Sheet

Old October 4th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin

Default Why Airplanes Fly - Voids Above A Planar Sheet

Le Chaud Lapin wrote in
oups.com:

What will I see?

Lots of pictures which is probably all you can comprehend.

Old October 4th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Le Chaud Lapin

From: Le Chaud Lapin

Are you really educated as an engineer?

Yes,

I think some college owes you a refund.

A student's education is not the responsibility of the institut ion.
True understanding has been and always will be ultimately the
responsibility of the student.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

Old October 4th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ManhattanMan

John Godwin wrote:
Le Chaud Lapin wrote in
oups.com:

What will I see?

Lots of pictures which is probably all you can comprehend.

Me thinks that reply by LCB, and others like it, have Mx written all over
it...

Old October 4th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bob Moore wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote
If you would like to do this, please email me and I'll put you
in touch with the right people at the Naval Test Pilot School at
Patuxant NAS.

Dudley...just what was your association with the school? Since
you were not a military pilot, you could not have had "Orders"
to the school. Did you perhaps "pay" your way through the course?
I seem to remember that there was such a provision at one time.
Or...perhaps you worked for a corporation under contract to the
government?

Bob Moore
Naval Aviator 15753

I am not a Naval Aviator. That title is reserved for the finest pilots
in the world. I'm simply a civilian pilot who happened to be a fair
stick in prop fighters given access. This access has been formed through
years of friendship and involvement with the flying military.

I flew the T38 at TPS under special arrangement by Admiral Francis
Taylor Brown and Tex Birdwell, Cmdr of the school. I have also flown at
Strike Aircraft Test Directorate at Pax as a guest of that organization.
I also narrated the demonstration of the prototype YF17 Cobra for Hank
Choteau's demonstration of the aircraft for the Navy at Pax as well as
narrating the annual Navy Air Show at Pax.

I've also flown with the Canadian Snowbirds as a guest pilot of that
organization doing an aerobatic evaluation on their Tutors.
I'm simply now and always have been a "friend" of the military and
specifically of TPS.

You know Moore, if you spent a bit less time trying to discredit me and
a bit more simply engaging me on a slightly more friendly basis, you and
I might actually get along. I have done something for you I have not
done for anyone else I've encountered on Usenet. After you requested of
me by private email some "proof" from someone other than myself who
could actually testify to my ability as a pilot, I offered to send you a
copy of the official debrief notes written by the IP assigned to fly
back seat for my T38 flights by TPS but never heard from you on that score.
You may still have access to that information if you desire.
Personally, if you desire to see this information, I will send it to you
and seek no further contact with you on these forums.
If my word on these matters isn't good enough for you to accept, I would
see no future in any further dialog with you.
You're choice; you can have the debrief notes, or you can stop this
constant under posting of me requesting backup information on me.
All the best to you,

--
Dudley Henriques
Old October 4th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ManhattanMan

ManhattanMan wrote:
Me thinks that reply by LCB,

LCB??? Try LCL.......

Old October 4th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Le Chaud Lapin

On Oct 4, 2:29 pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:
You know Moore, if you spent a bit less time trying to discredit me and
a bit more simply engaging me on a slightly more friendly basis, you and
I might actually get along.

If eveyone in this group would simply take the advice that you just
wrote, I think it would be a better group. I have been here only a
few days, and I count no less than 7 insults by people I have never
known.

I imagine these individuals as being overweight and constipated,
reading my posts, debating whether they should take a laxative or fire
off an insult, the latter choice leaving them in the same state they
were before they read my post.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

P.S. I am going to get that book btw.

Old October 4th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in message
ups.com...

Before I begin my exposition about what keeps the plane afloat, I
would like anyone who care to participate in this discussion to do a
couple of simple experiments.

HAHAHAA!!!

Jeez, not again...

-c

Old October 4th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
On Oct 4, 2:29 pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:
You know Moore, if you spent a bit less time trying to discredit me and
a bit more simply engaging me on a slightly more friendly basis, you and
I might actually get along.

If eveyone in this group would simply take the advice that you just
wrote, I think it would be a better group. I have been here only a
few days, and I count no less than 7 insults by people I have never
known.

I imagine these individuals as being overweight and constipated,
reading my posts, debating whether they should take a laxative or fire
off an insult, the latter choice leaving them in the same state they
were before they read my post.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

P.S. I am going to get that book btw.

A little more tact and just a bit less aggressiveness might be helpful
in making your Usenet aviation experience more satisfying considering
the experience levels ranging in decades rather than mere hours you will
find on these forums.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old October 4th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in message
ps.com...

So yes, I believe this experiment illustrates an important phenomenon
in aerodynamics. It is not the only phenomenon that plays a role, but
it has one, nevertheless. The decriptions of lift that I read in
flight books seem to ignore it.

Subsequently, all the airplanes are falling from the sky.

I recommend building an airplane sometime. The ultimate way to prove your
theory is to be like the Wright Brothers; build it and fly it.

Folks on this forum have logged hundreds of thousands if not millions of
collective hours and all of them have put their asses on the line based on
the aerodynamic principles in books, so you're not going to get much respect
here if you want everybody to do experiments just to discuss to your
otherwise-unproven theories. Some people here have built their own planes,
or engineered airplanes, or maintained them so -their- science is
sufficiently proven. All the discussions and textbooks and usenet theories
in the world aren't worth your first solo flight around the pattern. That
demonstrates that the aerospace engineers proved their wing design and that
the pilots here proved their ability to manipulate that technology. That's
what it takes.

About once a month somebody comes in here and wants to talk about how
aerospace science is all wrong but the thing is, none of 'em ever seems to
have flown an airplane. If you don't do their math for them just the way
they want you to, however, somehow it's all the pilots and plane builders
out here who don't know what they're talking about.

I think your theory would be great put into practice on an experimental
aircraft. I promise you, if you fly it they will come. Best of luck to
you.

-c

Old October 4th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in message
ps.com...

If eveyone in this group would simply take the advice that you just
wrote, I think it would be a better group. I have been here only a
few days, and I count no less than 7 insults by people I have never
known.

I imagine these individuals as being overweight and constipated,

What you should imagine are pilots who risk their lives countless times
between wings that are proven to work being told to do experiments by
somebody who challenges proven technology and expects everybody to do
experiments just to indulge your accusation that basically everything they
know about aerodynamics is wrong.

It's sort of like an IT guy telling Marines how to fight a war. Probably
not going to get you invited to the NCO's club.

Don't take it personally. It just is. If you were the first person to come
in here and do it they'd probably go easier, but, alas, you're not.

If you have questions about aerodynamic science, perhaps you should first
ask those who use it on a regular basis rather than coming in an suggesting
their understanding of their area of expertise is deficient. Or AT least let
people know you're a pilot, builder or aerodynamics professional.

-c

FAA advisory voids IFR certification for GPS's!!! Prime Owning 12 May 29th 07 01:43 AM
Brass or copper sheet? Scott Home Built 11 October 15th 06 02:20 AM
4130 sheet log Home Built 4 September 1st 04 01:42 AM
Day 2 New Castle Score Sheet Guy Byars Soaring 3 September 25th 03 02:39 AM
S-H Spars: Anyone check for voids laterally? Mark Grubb Soaring 1 September 20th 03 04:27 AM