Aviation Conspiracy: Concorde Finally Goes Bust!!!

Old October 26th 03, 06:11 PM
Larry Fransson

Default Aviation Conspiracy: Concorde Finally Goes Bust!!!

On 2003-10-26 08:17:20 -0800, (null) said:

The graphic (website) version of this newsletter can be accessed at:

http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/newsletter243.htm

There's something a little curious about this. The banner on your "newsletter" has a message that says, "say no to monopolies - Boycott Micro$oft". But on the other hand, you used Microsoft FrontPage to build the HTML version of the newsletter, and it certainly gives the appearance of being hosted on a Microsoft server.

So what's it gonna be? Microsoft, or no Microsoft?

Old October 28th 03, 04:26 PM
ShawnD2112

You know, Bill. I've got to admit you're nothing if not good entertainment!

Shawn

"Bill Mulcahy" wrote in message
The graphic (website) version of this newsletter can be accessed at:

http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/newsletter243.htm

Quote of the Week: "I certainly don't think anybody wants practical
decisions concerning the safety of the flying public in the hands of
ideologues in the White House" Senator Lautenburg commenting on how the

GOP
is backing down on air traffic control privatization issue in the FAA
Reauthorization Bill

Aviation Conspiracy Newsletter
#243.........................................Octob er 26 , 2003 Past
newsletters can be accessed at:
http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/ACNewsmenu.htm Bill Mulcahy

Concorde Finally Goes Bust!!!

As Bill Sees It: (Editorial): Media Creeps Lament The Concorde's End: I'm

so
happy their gone. This is a victory that some people have been waiting
thirty years for. However, watching the news coverage of it, you would

think
they were shutting down aviation entirely (what a wonderful thought!)!!!

It
really was nauseating to listen to commentator after commentator wail

about
how the Concorde's demise was "an end of era." This was the way the story
was "spinned," instead of telling the truth that the public was finally
getting rid of a dangerous, highly noise and air-polluting,

thirty-year-old,
environmental atrocity that lost money every year of its operation and was
used only by the the filthy rich!!! No doubt the media lackeys desperately
want to be perceived as pro-aviation by their aviation industry

advertisers.
While some networks did mention the massive community anti- noise protests
as the reason why no more than a handful of these monsters were built, I

did
not hear or see one story about Concorde polluting the upper atmosphere,
which was another reason for its limited production. It was interesting to
hear the news reporters, who were on the last flight, practically yelling

be heard over the loud engine noise inside the Concorde cabin. Apparently
while flying, Concorde passengers got some of the noise pollution they

help
inflict on their fellow humans! There was no coverage of the celebrations

of
the end of the Concorde in some of the communities under the Concorde

flight
path, like Rockaway, Hamilton Beach and Howard Beach in New York City. The
coverage of the last flight had a view (a first...see above) of the

Concorde
flying over the apartments and homes of the people it assaulted daily.

This
kind of picture, like aerial pictures of airports together with their

nearby
communities, are never shown by the aviation/media cabal and very hard to
find.

Concordes To Be Cut Up And Sold In Pieces!!! I think I would like a piece

of
the stupid nosecone. Maybe I could make a lamp out of it.

RepubliSCUMS Back Away From Air Traffic Control (ATC) Privatization: Maybe
the stench of House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman
Rep. Mica's (pictured at right) saying that he would make deals with
individual Republicans to have their airports taken off the privatization
list got to be too much even even for the republiscums. Mica had said he
would do this in order to get the FAA Reauthorization Bill passed with the
ATC privatization included. The DemocRATS, who apparently won on this

issue,
are holding out for a restoration of the original language in the bill

which
banned ATC privatization. The whole problem started when this item was
secretly taken out (by request of President Moron himself!) of the bill by
the "conference committee" which was supposed to "iron out" differences
between the House and Senate versions of the bill. This whole episode has

be a new low level of political duplicity even for the

congresscriminals!!!

FAA's Bizzaro Blakey Says Flying Planes Closer Together Improves

"Safety!!!"
Safety is the reason that the FAA uses to get away with their most heinous
crimes and, believe it or not, they are using it as a reason to cut the
separation, between planes in the air, by HALF!!! Most people would say

that
the further you keep planes from each other the safer it is. However, the
FAA boss, Marion Blakey, says flying planes closer together is "safer."

She
wants the distance between aircraft to be cut in half, from 2,000 to 1,000
feet, by 2005!!! You can be sure in the bizarro world of the FAA and the
Aviation Cabal, they have manufactured all the reports to prove how this
will be safer. Although this only supposed to take place at "high
altitudes," I believe the real purpose of all this is to increase the

number
of planes landing and taking off at airports. Has an Environmental Impact
Study (EIS) been done on this, as required by law? What about the air
turbulence issue? I guess they feel that the public has forgotten how
Flt.587's tail was ripped off due to turbulence from another airplane

being
too close. I guess it will take a mid-air collision or another turbulence
crash before this FAA plan is stopped.

GOP Backing Down On Airport Privatization Effort In FAA Reauthorization
Bill!!! Senate Commerce Aviation Subcommittee Chairman Trent Lott,

R-Miss.,
said Tuesday he will remove any reference to privatization from the
conference draft, and that the contentious provision is not worth
jeopardizing the entire bill. "Taking down the whole bill is a huge
mistake," said Lott, adding he remains confident the agency will be
reauthorized before the Oct. 31 deadline. Lott refused to say whether the
privatization language would simply be stricken from the bill or if the

new
conference report would include the prohibition passed by the House and
Senate. Editor's Note: President Moronic-Polluter promised to veto the

bill
if the airport privatization wasn't in it. Lets hope he keeps his word. I
thought that Trent (Klansman) Lott had been removed from power because of
his alleged sympathy for the KKK.
http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/1003/102003cd2.htm

FAA To Allow Planes To Fly Closer Together In The U.S.!!! In January, 2005
the government will allow planes to fly closer together at "higher
altitudes" over the U.S. The government says it will improve airline

safety
and efficiency by allowing airliners to fly closer together at high
altitudes. That may sound counter-intuitive, but the FAA says narrower
separations will provide more options to reroute flights around bad

weather.
The increased flexibility is also expected to save fuel. Currently, planes
flying between 29-thousand and 41-thousand feet must be separated from

other
planes by two-thousand feet. Beginning in January 2005, the new minimum

will
be one-thousand feet. http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=1493157

Boeing's Tanker Lease Deal STILL In Trouble In Congress: Bad blood between
the U.S. Congress and the Pentagon has taken a toll on Boeing Co.'s (nyse:
BA - news - people) multibillion-dollar drive to lease jetliners to the

Air
Force as refueling planes, congressional officials and private analysts

said
on Friday. Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz, for instance,

spurned
on Wednesday a McCain request for Boeing lease-related records of Air

Force
Secretary James Roche and Michael Wynne, the Pentagon's acting top weapons
buyer. http://www.forbes.com/markets/newswi...tr1122671.html

Purdue Universary Doing A National Noise Study? The FAA is calling on the
country's best and brightest to cut noise and pollution around airports.
Administrator Marion Blakey announced that seven U.S. universities will
conduct research into all aspects of the broad-ranging topics with the

goal
of a cleaner and quieter environment at airports. The Purdue team will try
to figure out how people react to aircraft noise and to understand why, if
airports are such noisy, filthy places, do we insist on building our homes
and businesses so near them. Editor's Note: We can expect the usual FAA
corruption, lies and pro-aviation distortions using the cover of academia.
Why isn't the EPA funding this study instead of the FAA?
http://www.avweb.com/newswire/9_43b/.../185917-1.html
http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/newsletter242.htm

Congressmen Shill For Boeing With India? Forty-five US Congressmen have
urged Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee to authorise purchase of Boeing
Aircraft by Air India. "It will serve as a great demonstration of
strengthened Indo-US commercial ties," said co-chair of India Caucus

Joseph
Crowley. Noting that India is currently looking to expand its fleet of
commercial aircraft, Crowley said, "I am concerned that there has been no
movement by the Government of India or the Air India Board to authorise

the
Boeing sale."

http://www.ndtv.com/business/showbus...es+for+Boeing+
sale+to+AI&id=15697
Boeing Opens Up Technology Office...In India!!! Boeing International
Corporation is setting up a wholly owned information technology subsidiary
company in India. The company will also provide marketing, sales and

support
services to the Chicago-based aerospace major.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...show?msid=2516
11
Editor's Note: Maybe they could get Iraqis to buy some if we could open
their airports without worrying about planes being hit with a should-fired
missiles.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Important Aviation News Stories This Week

October 22, 2003 http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/1003/102203cd2.htm

FAA Reauthorization Bill: GOP backs off FAA privatization, but Dems seek
more

Republicans may be ready to strip air traffic control privatization

language
from the Federal Aviation Administration reauthorization bill, but

Democrats
still maintain that the original anti-privatization provision passed by

the
House and Senate must be reinserted for the bill to pass.

Senate Commerce Aviation Subcommittee Chairman Trent Lott, R-Miss., said
Tuesday he will remove any reference to privatization from the conference
draft, and that the contentious provision is not worth jeopardizing the
entire bill.

"Taking down the whole bill is a huge mistake," said Lott, adding he

remains
confident the agency will be reauthorized before the Oct. 31 deadline.

Lott refused to say whether the privatization language would simply be
stricken from the bill or if the new conference report would include the
prohibition passed by the House and Senate.

"We've got to keep all these options open until we get ready to go to
conference," he said, indicating a second round of conference talks could
occur next week.

Democratic sources and union officials said that if Lott plans only to

strip
the provision without reinserting the original language, the bill would

not
prevent future privatization.

National Air Traffic Controllers Association President John Carr said

simply
removing the provision "still leaves the system vulnerable to

privatization.
This may seem like an easy fix ... but to think this returns us to the
status quo is overly simplistic."

A Democratic source close to the conference said a plan only to strike the
language would be "ridiculous" and "a step in the wrong direction." He

added
that Congress will have to pass another temporary extension of federal
aviation programs before Oct. 31 unless Democrats are included in the
conference process.

"Nothing's going to happen until they come to us, rather than just putting
all these proposals out there to see if they can get the votes," he said.

Meanwhile, House Transportation and Infrastructure Aviation Subcommittee
Chairman John Mica, R-Fla., is floating a proposal that would shift

command
of the air traffic control workforce to the military. Such a move would

then
prevent air traffic controllers from joining a union. Mica plans to hold a
hearing Nov. 6 to discuss the possibility.

Carr said Mica's idea "recognizes the inherently governmental function of
air traffic control, although we believe the military's priority should be
military air traffic control, not civilian." He also expressed concern

that
a military currently fighting the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan

may
already be spread too thin to take on the responsibility of the domestic

air
traffic control syst

Old October 31st 03, 10:33 PM
Dave

"ShawnD2112" wrote in message
You know, Bill. I've got to admit you're nothing if not good

entertainment!

I for one am sad to see the end of Concorde. For one minute each day there
was the noise, but what a site.

Whilst Concorde may be gone, its legacy will continue. Concorde was an Anglo
French collaboration, which eventually paved the way for Airbus which now
ships more aircraft than Boeing and will continue to out perform Boeing.

Before someone says that Airbus is subsidized by its sponsoring governments
and therefore poses unfair competition to Boeing just remember how many tax
dollars Boeing gets for overpriced aircraft, inflated price research and
state governments falling over themselves to offer advantageous terms for
building new assembly plants.

So every you see an Airbus, remember that Concorde was the founder member of
the Airbus family.

Dave

Old November 1st 03, 09:00 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Dave" wrote in message

"ShawnD2112" wrote in message
You know, Bill. I've got to admit you're nothing if not good

entertainment!

I for one am sad to see the end of Concorde. For one minute each day there
was the noise, but what a site.

Whilst Concorde may be gone, its legacy will continue. Concorde was an

Anglo
French collaboration, which eventually paved the way for Airbus which now
ships more aircraft than Boeing and will continue to out perform Boeing.

No, AI has never shipped more aircraft than Boeing.

Bull****.

So every you see an Airbus, remember that Concorde was the founder member

of
the Airbus family.

Concorde was a $1.5 billion subsidy, equivalent to $14 billion today.

Old November 1st 03, 11:50 PM
Dave

AI will ship more civil aircraft this year than the ****heads at Boeing

Old November 2nd 03, 12:21 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Dave" wrote in message

"ShawnD2112" wrote in message
You know, Bill. I've got to admit you're nothing if not good

entertainment!

I for one am sad to see the end of Concorde. For one minute each day

there
was the noise, but what a site.

Whilst Concorde may be gone, its legacy will continue. Concorde was an

Anglo
French collaboration, which eventually paved the way for Airbus which

now
ships more aircraft than Boeing and will continue to out perform

Boeing.

No, AI has never shipped more aircraft than Boeing.

AI will ship more civil aircraft this year than the ****heads at Boeing

Perhaps, but this year is not past.

Old November 2nd 03, 02:19 PM
Dave

"Dave" wrote in message

"ShawnD2112" wrote in message
You know, Bill. I've got to admit you're nothing if not good

entertainment!

I for one am sad to see the end of Concorde. For one minute each day

there
was the noise, but what a site.

Whilst Concorde may be gone, its legacy will continue. Concorde was

an
Anglo
French collaboration, which eventually paved the way for Airbus

which
now
ships more aircraft than Boeing and will continue to out perform

Boeing.

No, AI has never shipped more aircraft than Boeing.

AI will ship more civil aircraft this year than the ****heads at Boeing

Perhaps, but this year is not past.

Ironic that one of the Concordes is going to Boeing in Seattle. No doubt the
Boeing engineers will enjoy having a look at her.

I also imagine that they will take better care of her that the clowns at the
Intrepid in New York.

Mind you I still don't understand why BA and AirFrance have let the aircraft
go to the US since it was the US that did its best to prevent Concorde being
a commercial success.

But then Concorde was not built in the USA.

Old November 2nd 03, 04:33 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Dave" wrote in message

[...]

I doubt Boeing's engineers could give a flying **** about the Concorde, but
plenty of tourists will enjoy the static display and say "glory days".

I also imagine that they will take better care of her that the clowns at

the
Intrepid in New York.

Mind you I still don't understand why BA and AirFrance have let the

aircraft
go to the US since it was the US that did its best to prevent Concorde

being
a commercial success.

Concorde was never a comercial success, but it was a gigantic subsidy to
European aerospace.

Old November 8th 03, 04:14 PM
Micbloo

There was no coverage of the celebrations of
the end of the Concorde in some of the communities under the Concorde flight
path, like Rockaway, Hamilton Beach and Howard Beach in New York City

Yes there was. But you being holed up in Orange County, NY with your little
black & white TV it would be difficult to see the coverage.
Maybe now you'll come out of the woods and return to the Rockaways.
Nah, stay up where you are.
Old November 8th 03, 04:18 PM
Micbloo

In conclusion, it seems that your bandstanding on about being
anti-aviation, though perfectly within your rights as a free American,
is completely devoid of any credible fact or knowlege to back up your
arguments.

That's Bills BIG problem. He has no clue what he is complaining about. You
would think after all these years he would have a little knowledge about the
aviation industry but he doesnt. He throws out wild, inaccurate statements
then gets hammered by those with real knowledge. And he wonders why he gets
nothing accomplished and everyone treats him like a buffoon. If you're going
to be an activist against something at least KNOW WHAT THE "F" YOU ARE TALKING
ABOUT.