Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Old March 8th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French upgraded to equal opportunity insulter

I sink I'm gonna puke!

Good one!

Well, okay -- it's so bad, it's good...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old March 8th 08, 10:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:T4oAj.66175$yE1.15214
@attbi_s21:

I sink I'm gonna puke!

Good one!

Well, okay -- it's so bad, it's good...

:-)

****.

Bertie
Old March 8th 08, 10:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

I warned you a long time ago that if I caught you pretending to be a
journalist again I'd call you on it. You're a pilot, a businessman,
and many things, but you have never ever reported news or worked in
journalism.

I know I shouldn't validate your asinine post with an answer, but your
arrogance is only exceeded by your ignorance. I've never pretended to
be anything, my work and business ownership history is a matter of
public record, and your astoundingly self-righteous belief that the
only valid employees of a newspaper are "reporters" says volumes about
you and your supercilious attitude.

Here's a tiny clue from someone who participated in the budget
planning of several newspapers: Your vaunted "journalists" are
actually called "reporters" at every newspaper I've worked at and
with, and they are at the very bottom of the food chain. If you ever
reach the management level, you'll know that they are regarded as
cannon fodder, cheaper than screw-top wine and as interchangeable as
athletic socks. Worse, most of them suck.

Or did you think they got paid less per hour than our bundle haulers
because they were held in such high professional regard? Oh, you
didn't know that? Shucks.

That said, and with this new knowledge firmly embedded in your craw,
it's time to call you out. No one here has seen any evidence that
*you* have ever been a serious journalist -- unless you count being a
2-bit disk jockey under the name "Stella Starr" as serious journalism
-- yet YOU have the audacity to question my chops in the newspaper
world?

He didn't lie about being a journalist , you did.

Bertie
Old March 8th 08, 10:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

How many people who were in power at the time of the Vichy government
are still alive, and what do the people who live in France have to do
with that? Should all Americans be ridiculed for the racial policies
of the South, which happened in much more recent history?

Good point. Where does historical responsibility end?

Maybe when people stop gloating over their war crimes..

Bertie
Old March 8th 08, 10:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Tina wrote in news:96d34c7d-6a15-4b39-90aa-
:

Just to lighten the mood a little, you might try clicking on this.

It is aviation related, in its way.

http://www.videovat.com/videos/3693/...sile-test.aspx

hilarious.

Bertie
Old March 8th 08, 10:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Travelling on the metro in Spain is probably two orders of magnitude
than taking your son flying in a light plane. I find it odd that
you're fretting about this.

Oh, hell -- I wouldn't be letting him go to Spain if I was really
worried. I'm sure he'll be fine, as long as he can remember how to ask
where the bathroom is...

Well, that should be a piece of cake, but he'll probably tel them to clean
it by mistake out of force of habit.

Bertie
Old March 8th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Jay Honeck schrieb:
Travelling on the metro in Spain is probably two orders of magnitude
than taking your son flying in a light plane. I find it odd that you're
fretting about this.

Oh, hell -- I wouldn't be letting him go to Spain if I was really worried.
I'm sure he'll be fine, as long as he can remember how to ask where the
bathroom is...

there are some basic differences as Europeans (not all, I'm
generalising) tend to be not so we-wee about sex etc, so we don't ask
for a bathroom (the bathroom is for taking a shower or brushing your
teeth etc.) but for the toilet (or other words to that effect). So there
might come the situation for your son where he is confronted with things
in public he might not see in the US like an openly displayed female
nude breast in advertising, nudity on TV before 8pm, breastfeeding in a
bus, etc. - I have no idea how you handle these things these days or
what changed in the last 5 years.
Not that we are all little perverts, but Europeans _tend_ to be more
open in these matters (generalising, again). Of course it might be the
case that he'll live in a rather conservative family and he might be
confronted with rather weired or old-fashioned views.

;-)

But I *do* find it aggravating and disconcerting that he's had to attend not
one, but THREE separate 2-hour classes on "how to behave in Spain" -- and
those instructions include basically hiding the fact that the kids are
American.

hm, who gave the instructions? People from Spain?

#m
Old March 8th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Jay Honeck schrieb:
Good point. Where does historical responsibility end?

Do the aboriginal people deserve an apology from the current Australian
government for treatment done to them by an earlier generation? Do American
blacks deserve reparations for harm done to their ancestors during the slave
years?

Do the Germans still bear the stain of Nazism? Do the Japanese still bear
the guilt for the rape of Nanchang? (Or however it's spelled nowadays...)

Do "we" still owe "you" anything for what "you" did during WWII?

#m
Old March 8th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Travelling on the metro in Spain is probably two orders of magnitude
than taking your son flying in a light plane. I find it odd that
you're fretting about this.

Oh, hell -- I wouldn't be letting him go to Spain if I was really
worried. I'm sure he'll be fine, as long as he can remember how to ask
where the bathroom is...

;-)

But I *do* find it aggravating and disconcerting that he's had to
attend not one, but THREE separate 2-hour classes on "how to behave in
Spain" -- and those instructions include basically hiding the fact
that the kids are American

IOW he's been told not to act like a loudmouthed asshole like his
father..

Bertie
Old March 8th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stella Starr

Jay Honeck wrote:

I've never pretended to
be anything,

Perhaps I misinterpreted these claims, then:
I've
worked for and with the New York Times, the Racine Journal Times, the
Chicago Tribune, and the Cedar Rapids Gazette.

I told the newsroom people what to do in order to maximize

sales.

You have commented on reporting in this newsgroup and said it was
because of your previous career as "a newsman." That's what I object to.

your astoundingly self-righteous belief that the only valid employees

of a newspaper are "reporters"

Never said it. Never implied it. Never believed it. I said you
pretended to be a "newsman," which does not mean "newspaper delivery
professional" to people who read that term.

participated in the budget planning
of several newspapers:

I did acknowledge that your work in the delivery end of the business was
demanding and you were obviously successful at it.

Your vaunted "journalists" are actually called
"reporters" at every newspaper I've worked at and with, and they are at
the very bottom of the food chain. If you ever reach the management
level, you'll know that they are regarded as cannon fodder, cheaper than
screw-top wine and as interchangeable as athletic socks. Worse, most of
them suck.

Or did you think they got paid less per hour than our bundle haulers
because they were held in such high professional regard?

Amazing rant, and it explains a lot about your disdain for reporting. I
didn't think you were the type to make such an attack, or that you hated
journalists so intensely.

No one here has seen any evidence that
*you* have ever been a serious journalist -- unless you count being a
2-bit disk jockey

You have. In the past you and I have discussed my work, at the state
radio network where I spent six years reporting and anchoring news. I'm
a little surprised that you want to deny it now, but anyone who knows my
real last name (yes, I started in this business as a DJ, and wouldn't
deny it -- those years were lots of fun) can easily google thousands of
stories I reported.

Jay, I'm disappointed in you. While people enjoy your descriptive
writing about flying ventures, you seem to put more energy into silly
arguments and a great deal of vitriol into defending some wild-ass
opinions. If you stick with your strong points, you could regain some
of that respect.