Adventures in TSA land

Old October 20th 04, 09:17 PM
Richard Russell

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:20:52 -0700, "David Brooks"
wrote:

http://dms.dot.gov/search/searchResu...hTy pe=docket,
and hit "Reverse Order" to see the last few days' postings from TSA.

snipped....

Thank you very much for this link. I read the document that Michael
provided a link to but I couldn't find any current information
anywhere. Definitely worth the price of admission.
Rich Russell
Old October 20th 04, 09:24 PM
David Brooks

wrote:

http://dms.dot.gov/search/searchResu...=19147&searchT

ype=docket,
and hit "Reverse Order" to see the last few days' postings from TSA.

snipped....

Thank you very much for this link. I read the document that Michael
provided a link to but I couldn't find any current information
anywhere. Definitely worth the price of admission.

Of the, by my count, 254 comments on the docket (not counting those by TSA),
35 are dated today. 6 were added since I started typing this. They've even
given up trying to convert the comments to PDF before posting.

Old October 20th 04, 11:41 PM
Newps

Roger Long wrote:
You should be glad you have Canada to go back to.

Until it is declared a threat by our goverment and we occupy it then take
it
over.

There's oil in Canada?

Of course. Same puddle as ANWR.
Old October 21st 04, 12:12 AM
Peter Duniho

"David Brooks" wrote in message
Of the, by my count, 254 comments on the docket (not counting those by
TSA),
35 are dated today. 6 were added since I started typing this. They've even
given up trying to convert the comments to PDF before posting.

They never tried to do that in the first place. Every time I've ever
monitored comments for various NPRMs, the most recent comments are almost
always text-only (for a document that is still actively receiving comments,
of course).

Though, that said, I don't really understand why there's the delay between
posting the text comments and posting the PDF version. Presumably, the
delay in seeing one's comment at all is so that it can be reviewed (for
profanity maybe? though I've seen some pretty offensive comments so maybe
that's not even it). The conversion to PDF ought to be able to be made
automatic, and should take no more time than getting the text comment into
the database.

Pete

Old October 21st 04, 01:21 AM
Michael

"David Brooks" wrote
As I pointed out in my submission, and AOPA pointed out in their submission
filed today, the document in the Federal Register contains a clear mistake.

It may be clear, but it's authoritative. Same as the letter exempting
current students.

However, there's a flurry of "clarifications" by TSA on the docket today.

They're coming fast and furious now. And they're all authoritative -
straight from the chief counsel's office. In a way, the TSA is better
than the FAA - at least they're willing to tell us exactly what the
rule means, from an authoritative source, rather than intentionally
keeping it vague so they can bust us later.

Michael
Old October 21st 04, 09:27 AM
Judah

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

You should be glad you have Canada to go back to.

Until it is declared a threat by our goverment and we occupy it then
take it over.

There's oil in Canada?

No. But they have Flu Shots. And it's an election year.
Old October 21st 04, 01:58 PM
TD

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message news:pridnR14gcOiMOjcRVn-
Until it is declared a threat by our goverment and we occupy it then take it
over.

Please take us over. My earnings would double and I would actually be
able to afford to buy a new plane!!

BTW, all countries are threats to the US, in different degrees,
especially since this perception was polarized by your sitting
president. What amazes an outsider like myself is how the US public
has been swayed by the political spin doctors in believing that a
highly educated, highly decorated loyal veteran would be a worse
commander in chief and would somehow be less capable to protect the US
from threats than who you have now. This is so, John Waynesque.

Tien
Old October 21st 04, 03:54 PM
Roger Long

You must remember, that 50% of the population have two-digit IQs.

And 50% of the other half have been so brainwashed by talk radio that they
act like it.

--

Roger Long

Old October 21st 04, 05:33 PM
Gary Drescher

"TD" wrote in message
What amazes an outsider like myself is how the US public
has been swayed by the political spin doctors in believing that a
highly educated, highly decorated loyal veteran would be a worse
commander in chief and would somehow be less capable to protect the US
from threats than who you have now.

Many of us insiders are amazed too.

--Gary