EAA Museum

Old August 29th 03, 08:10 PM
Big John

Bob

My first PC was a bare board and 2000+ parts.

Used for many years even after faster systems came out. Was bullet
proof.

Some of the programs (like designing atomic bombs G) were started
Friday afternoon and ran until finished Monday morning.

Big John

On 28 Aug 2003 22:21:51 GMT, osite (RobertR237)
wrote:

In article ,

(Gary Coffman) writes:

Yeah, I think there's someone lurking here with ENIAC.

Well, not quite that old, but I've got a Data General
Nova 1200 with 32k of core memory, a Cosmac Elf,
and a Sol 20. Somewhere lurking about is also a
Sinclair ZX81, and I just stumbled across my Radio
Shack Pocket Computer last week (essentially a
calculator that runs BASIC). Oh, I've also got a
Victor four function video display calculator (vector
display). All of them still work too.

Gary

Young Whipper-Snapper.

Real men wired boards!

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 29th 03, 10:48 PM
RobertR237

In article , Big John
writes:

Robert

Those were just some I could see on top of pile. Don't have any idea
of what is underneath now ( It's fallen over a few time so had to
start stacking in a corner to the ceiling.

Some day ).............................................

Big John

I finally threw out everything when I realized that I no longer had any
equipment that could read the disks. Still have more crap that I will never
use again.

Old August 29th 03, 10:48 PM
RobertR237

In article , Big John
writes:

Bob

My first PC was a bare board and 2000+ parts.

Used for many years even after faster systems came out. Was bullet
proof.

Some of the programs (like designing atomic bombs G) were started
Friday afternoon and ran until finished Monday morning.

Big John

I must admit that I didn't jump on the PC's immediately but only because I
already had a mini-computer at home. I was consulting and developing on
Datapoints at the time and had a real nice unit at home. I was real happy when
I bought my first PC and only paid a little of $5k for it. The Datapoint had
cost me over $30k used. It was worth it though, made a lot of money off that
machine.

Old August 29th 03, 11:09 PM
Jim Stockton

RobertR237 wrote:

In article , Big John
writes:

Robert

Those were just some I could see on top of pile. Don't have any idea
of what is underneath now ( It's fallen over a few time so had to
start stacking in a corner to the ceiling.

Some day ).............................................

Big John

I finally threw out everything when I realized that I no longer had any
equipment that could read the disks. Still have more crap that I will never
use again.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

I broke down and sold my Nova 1200 at the sidewalk sale in Dallas a few
years ago. Still have the Imsai 8080 and several PDP11's as well as
newer Osborne and Compaq portable 1's. I just cant seem to clear it out.
At least I got rid of all the Model 33 Teletype machines when I built a
CRT terminal.
Jim Stockton
Old August 30th 03, 01:23 AM
Jim Stockton

Richard Lamb wrote:

Do they still have that big First Saturday electronics flea market
in Dallas anymore?

Jim Stockton wrote:

RobertR237 wrote:

In article , Big John
writes:

[...]

As far as I know it's still going. I think it's real close to where it
used to be. I'll check with a friend of mine as to location because he
is a regular there. I think they now charge to park and buy as well as
sell. It was great when it was under the freeway but I guess it got out
of hand and the city wanted to reign it in.
Jim Stockton
Old August 30th 03, 05:41 AM
Eastburn

Turned a wheel and pushed the peddles and rolled the trim wheel -
Flying (or trying to) C-47 over farm country after plow time.
(100% full scale).

Later a few years ago - flew a 2M sail plane to several thousand feet
and
down using my gold seal remote control.

Not much time flying or playing. But I did log over ~1,000,000 NM
before
the cotton picken airlines started having air miles. That was a bore!

Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer
Old September 2nd 03, 09:18 PM
Morgans

"RobertR237" wrote
I never sell the stuff, especially the computers. When they are no longer
useful I take great pleasure in taking a sledge hammer to them. I loved

that
commercial a while back showing the guy shoving the whole PC out the

window of
a high rise. My idea is to take one of my old laptops, load it up and

drop it
from a my plane at a mile up.

Bob Reed

Yea, but then you don't get the joy of seeing it smash into a zillion
pieces!
--
Jim in NC

Old September 3rd 03, 03:07 AM
RobertR237

In article , "Morgans"
writes:

"RobertR237" wrote
I never sell the stuff, especially the computers. When they are no longer
useful I take great pleasure in taking a sledge hammer to them. I loved

that
commercial a while back showing the guy shoving the whole PC out the

window of
a high rise. My idea is to take one of my old laptops, load it up and

drop it
from a my plane at a mile up.

Bob Reed

Yea, but then you don't get the joy of seeing it smash into a zillion
pieces!
--
Jim in NC

OK, I will take the Col. Potter approach and shoot it with a gun. ;-)

A BIG GUN!

Old September 3rd 03, 03:39 PM
RobertR237

In article , "Morgans"
writes:

That'll do!

By the way, MASH is running on Hallmark channel till about 1:00 AM
--
Jim in NC

We are also buying the CD's for each year as they become available. It is
great watching them without being bombarded by commercials for itchy ass
ointment.