Kerry?

Old August 29th 04, 05:26 PM
Jarg

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

The economy is down the toilet.

If 3-4% annual growth is "down the toilet" then most developed countries
would love to be there!

The poor are getting poorer

Unfortunately the lower wage earners are always hit hardest by recession. I
have yet to hear of a solution to that which makes economic sense. The good
news is the poor of America are still well off by world standards.

.. All the best jobs
are being sent overseas to pay off the corporations that have supported

Bush
with big $$$$.

I have a good job, and I know plently of other people who have good jobs
and little risk of being outsourced. Also, you forget all the great jobs
that are being insourced because of Rebublican economic principles. The
United States is very competitive in the world economy and the envy of most
of the world.

We have a record number of children in poverty without
healthcare

We also have a record number of people, so that statement might be a bit
misleading. Incidentally most of those children qualify for free health
care in case you didn't know. Like most Americans, I am not convinced I
want the government in the health care business.

And half the americans aren't sure that that they will have a job
tomorrow.

So it's the government's responsibility to make people sure they will have a
job tomorrow comrade? Pretty much every country that has had a system where
employment was guaranteed (for example the assorted communist nations) was a
dismal economic failure and ended up switching to the capitalist model.

The economy is only good for the very rich.

I'm not that rich, but I'm doing just fine thank you, as are most Americans.
Unemployment is low by historical standards, growth is good by historical
standards. We have one of the best economies on the planet!

But the neocons were
always out to support the rich so that is nothing new.

To whom are you referring?

And let's not even talk
about the prescription medication fraud the neocons are pulling on the
American people in favor the the theiving HMO's.

Oooh, theiving HMOs! How dramatic. If only we could nationalize those evil
capitalist businesses, eh comrade?!

We have the best administration money can buy But that will all change in
November.

I wish you would hold your breath waiting!

Jarg

Arthur "The Sky is Falling" Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old August 29th 04, 06:15 PM
BUFDRVR

ArtKramr wrote:

The economy is down the toilet.

No its not.

All the best jobs
are being sent overseas to pay off the corporations that have supported Bush
with big $$$$.

You are confusing the Bush and Clinton administrations. Bush was govenor of
Texas when Clinton and the rest of the DNC signed and fully supported NAFTA,
now suddenly when the predictable happens you and the other short sighted
Democrats try to blame Bush.

And half the americans aren't sure that that they will have a job
tomorrow.

So you're claiming we're on the verge of 50% unemployment? Not by a long shot.
If half the employed U.S. population is concerned about their jobs its because
the DNC wants it that way.

And let's not even talk
about the prescription medication fraud the neocons are pulling on the
American people in favor the the theiving HMO's.

HMOs were created by Hillary Clinton and the Democrats, if you have issue with
the job they're doing take it up with them.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old August 30th 04, 04:53 AM
Denyav

You are confusing the Bush and Clinton administrations. Bush was govenor of
Texas when Clinton and the rest of the DNC signed and fully supported NAFTA,
now suddenly when the predictable happens you and the other short sighted
Democrats try to blame Bush.

As far as I remember only candidate that categorically rejected NAFTA was Ross
Perot,and both GOP and Democratic former Presidents Carter and Reagan supported
NAFTA during elections and called Perot,only candidate that opposed NAFTA "a
demagoge with very deep pockets".
Old August 30th 04, 10:56 PM
BUFDRVR

Denyav wrote:

both GOP and Democratic former Presidents Carter and Reagan supported
NAFTA

Absolutely, NAFTA would not have passed had Republicans not supported
it...however the GOP provided the only descenting voices (albeit few) while the
Democrats fully supported it.

Bottom line; blaming Bush for the predictable results of NAFTA and other free
trade agreements begun during the Clinton years (while Bush was Gov. of Texas)
is absurd.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"