an interesting in flight experiment

Old October 21st 09, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_7_]

Default an interesting in flight experiment

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 14:33:22 -0700 (PDT), a wrote:

Good habits are often validated in the real world.

Hammers hammer nails.

Your turn, a-ristotle.
Old October 21st 09, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

a wrote:
On Oct 20, 8:33 pm, brian whatcott wrote:
Dave Doe wrote:

... There are places in the US where one would not say pitot in mixed
company because you may be escorted out the door with a pitchfork.
Been there, don't want to go back.
Why's that? Where's that? What does it mean "down there"?

I could only think of the places that think of the fried articles as
Freedom Fries

Brian W

As a way off topic response, I live in North Carolina, home of "I bet
I can deep fry that". For proof, our State Fair is going on now, and
there are deep fried Coca Cola soaked breads, pickles, candy
bars, . . . It might have been here that chicken fried steak was
invented: start with a great steak, coat it with bread crumbs, and fry
until well past well done.

The airspace above the Fair should be restricted -- it may be CAVU but
the vapors on your windscreen will make it actual IMC in the cockpit.
Of course, your engine will run rich, ingesting a near explosive
mixture of air and grease vapor. And drag goes down too -- but be
careful exiting your low winged airplane, the traction you expect will
not be the grease does that.

Close by are some of the better heart hospitals in the country.
Coincidence? I think not.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program.

Not to be outdone, but the Texas State Fair just finished this year and
they, too, have deep fried stuff. This year they introduced deep fried
butter. Last year I think it was deep fried bacon. I still like the old
Fletcher's corny dog.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old October 21st 09, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

a wrote:
On Oct 21, 7:06 am, (Don Poitras) wrote:
The new addition this year: Chocolate-covered bacon. Mmmmm...
And congressman Jones of "Freedom Fries" fame did eventually come
to his senses and Congress no longer has to eat "Freedom Toast", etc.
I think it was because he was getting pressure to institute "Freedom Curves"
and "Freedom Kissing".

Dave Doe wrote:
[...]

Should the thread continue on this path, it will have to cross post to
cardiac or food groups. I'll have to look for the chocolate covered
deep fried bacon. Have you noticed the slicked down look and shiny
hair most people have as they return to their cars (which have been
under and over coated with rust proofing if they were parked downwind
in the fair (downwind makes this aviation related)). (note the nested
(()) -- programming habits die hard.

Do people still use French curves? Or even vellum? It's difficult
enough even buying graph paper these days.

I am in an engineering department and I know there are new hires that
only use autoCAD. They no nothing else. How did we ever fly (aviation
related) men to the moon.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old October 22nd 09, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

On 2009-10-21, Martin X. Moleski, SJ wrote:
Note the missing closing paren at the end of that sentence.

I know from bitter experience what a missing paren or semicolon
does to code. (

But under normal circumstances, the compiler picks it up and stops
with a compile error.

On the other hand, writing "=" where you actually meant "==" can cause
a complete new world of hurt with some compilers :-)

LISP isn't really a complier, but...

Old October 22nd 09, 07:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Peter Dohm schreef:
LISP isn't really a complier, but...

I know those who'd call it a non-complier... };-)
Old October 24th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

In article ,
a wrote:

[...]

Anyone here a "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!" fan? Remember the episode
with Paula Deen (and the infamous tofu segment?). The panelists were
chatting with Paula about her new line of furniture and one of the
panelists (Mo Rocca, maybe?) asked "How do you deep fry an ottoman?"

Without missing a beat she replied "Oh, it's easy, honey, you just
dip it in egg first...."

Old October 24th 09, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Oct 23, 11:08*pm, Blanche wrote:
Anyone here a "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!" fan? Remember the episode
with Paula Deen (and the infamous tofu segment?). The panelists were
chatting with Paula about her new line of furniture and one of the
panelists (Mo Rocca, maybe?) asked "How do you deep fry an ottoman?"

Without missing a beat she replied "Oh, it's easy, honey, you just
dip it in egg first...."

how little she knows ".. dip in egg, then roll in bread crumbs:
crispy ottoman! Is more than one an ottomen?