Group P-40: 01 of 42- Index of P-40 01.jpg (1/1)

Old May 31st 09, 11:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Rogue

Default Group P-40: 01 of 42- Index of P-40 01.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Index of P-40 01.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	35207
Old June 2nd 09, 02:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Rogue added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Attachment decoded: Index of P-40 01.jpg

My lack of observation is showing this morning, Rogue. Some look like
the last series, but are all of these new? Thanks, and like all of
yours, these are nice pictures. You are a very skilled researcher.

I hope someday that you can give me some hints on how to find Sgt.
Bill Genaust's 16mm movies of the flag raising on Mt. Suribachi. If
you need to pay for this in any fashion, please let me know and I'll
send you a check.

If you want to contact me privately, use this addy:

remove "MAPS" which is "SPAM backwards

Have a great day!

--
Jerry, aka HP

"If you are out of work and hungry, eat an environmentalist" -
Florida billboard
Old June 2nd 09, 04:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Rogue

Default Group P-40: 01 of 42- Index of P-40 01.jpg (1/1) - 090526-N-5345W-027.jpg (0/1)

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 08:47:04 -0500, "HEMI-Powered"
wrote:

Rogue added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Attachment decoded: Index of P-40 01.jpg

My lack of observation is showing this morning, Rogue. Some look like
the last series, but are all of these new? Thanks, and like all of
yours, these are nice pictures. You are a very skilled researcher.

Same ones that I posted in the military group. I had a request over
there to post here.

I hope someday that you can give me some hints on how to find Sgt.
Bill Genaust's 16mm movies of the flag raising on Mt. Suribachi. If
you need to pay for this in any fashion, please let me know and I'll
send you a check.

Still searching. I have become somewhat obsessed with finding this
unedited version, which is a good thing, because I won't give up until
I find it or am told it no longer exists. Really no big mystery in
searching for it. I have tried searching for just Bill Genaust, Sgt.
Bill Genaust, Flag raising on Suribachi, etc...

Tried searching for exact phrases:

"Bill Genaust"

"Suribachi flag raising"

etc...

Then I tried combos:

Bill Genaust+Suribachi

Sgt Bill Genaust+flag raising

Suribachi+flag raising, etc...

I found that the way you word or phrase your search query will yield
different results. I haven't had a chance to go back to the National
Archives site yet and continue my search there, but I will.

If you want to contact me privately, use this addy:

remove "MAPS" which is "SPAM backwards

I'll keep this addy on hand in case I want to contact you.

Have a great day!

Same to you!

Rogue
Old June 2nd 09, 04:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Rogue

Default Group P-40: 01 of 42- Index of P-40 01.jpg (1/1) - 090526-N-5345W-027.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	090526-N-5345W-027.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	348.3 KB
ID:	35266
Old June 3rd 09, 09:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Rogue added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

I hope someday that you can give me some hints on how to find
Sgt. Bill Genaust's 16mm movies of the flag raising on Mt.
Suribachi. If you need to pay for this in any fashion, please
let me know and I'll send you a check.

Still searching. I have become somewhat obsessed with finding
this unedited version, which is a good thing, because I won't
give up until I find it or am told it no longer exists. Really
no big mystery in searching for it. I have tried searching for
just Bill Genaust, Sgt. Bill Genaust, Flag raising on Suribachi,
etc...

Thanks, Rogue. Again, no hurry, I'm certainly not trying to rush
you. Fine work takes time. grin

Tried searching for exact phrases:
"Bill Genaust"
"Suribachi flag raising"
etc...

Then I tried combos:
Bill Genaust+Suribachi
Sgt Bill Genaust+flag raising
Suribachi+flag raising, etc...

In short, me, too! I must have on the order of 50, maybe 100 hours
of Google time since the 2006 Iwo "rush" that surrounded Eastwood's
movie of "Flags of Our Fathers." As you've found, HITTING Genaust
is no problem at all, but ALL the hits that I've looked at - and
they number into the 100s! - are a) about his life and how he died
or b) his B & W pictures c) the fact that he SHOT 16mm movies.
Sadly for me, what I have NOT seen even once is someplace to
acquire/buy what I'm looking for. And, that I recall from the last
time I tried in 2008, I didn't even see anything from the National
Archives or the Marine Museum, both of which I KNOW from talking to
my former Navy friend as well as Maj. Norm Hatch, USMC (Ret.), who
was the 5th Div. Photo Officer.

Grrrr!!!

I found that the way you word or phrase your search query will
yield different results. I haven't had a chance to go back to
the National Archives site yet and continue my search there, but
I will.

Me, three, and my results run the gamut from thousands and
thousands of irrelevant stuff (to me) OR nothing at all. The reason
I asked for some hints is that I have NEVER been able to master the
technique of advanced Google searches, you know, when you click on
Advanced. What has always happened to me when I put in either
inclusive or exclusive words/phrases is I get Nada.

If you want to contact me privately, use this addy:

remove "MAPS" which is "SPAM
backwards

I'll keep this addy on hand in case I want to contact you.

Thanks. And, thanks ever so much for spending so much time on my
behalf. Ask away if there's anything you'd like from me, e.g.,
reposts of my pictures, specific requests that I may be able to
honor by scanning my mother's WWII photo album, etc.

And, have a great Hump Day evening!

Old June 3rd 09, 09:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Rogue added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Attachment decoded: 090526-N-5345W-027.jpg

Thanks for posting this larger pic for me. Too bad I didn't record
exactly what it is! Could you enlighten me, please?

Old June 4th 09, 02:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Rogue

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 15:28:54 -0500, "HEMI-Powered"
wrote:

Rogue added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Attachment decoded: 090526-N-5345W-027.jpg

Thanks for posting this larger pic for me. Too bad I didn't record
exactly what it is! Could you enlighten me, please?

Su AH-1W Super Cobra.

Rogue

Sgt. Shane Duffy - Sgt. Cody Legg - Spc. JD Emard

1-87th, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division

June 4, 2008 OIF

Never Forgotten
Old June 4th 09, 03:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Rogue added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Thanks for posting this larger pic for me. Too bad I didn't record
exactly what it is! Could you enlighten me, please?

Su AH-1W Super Cobra.

Thanks, muchly, Rogue!