Lowrance MapCreate Software Question

Old January 3rd 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Dow (Remove Caps in mail address)

Default Lowrance MapCreate Software Question

Technically, this isn't an aviation question, but the software did come
with my Airmap 2000. Has anyone been able to get it to locate an address
using the Find function?

When using this software loaded on a computer, I can't get it to find an
address. When I hit the find button and select the Address tab, I enter
my street number, street name (without the word "Street") and it comes
back with a list of 20 possibilities saying there are more results than
can be shown.

When I add in my state, it ignores the filter and still gives me results
for NM, CA, FL, GA, LA and TX. When I add my City, it says 0 results.

When I load the map on to the GPS unit, it seems to filter by county,
not town. That doesn't help find a particular Main Street. I can
highlight the address with the mouse on the map fine.

I spoke with a Lowrance rep at the AOPA Expo, and he said there's some
"town mode" that needs to be chosen. I can't find any menu or manual
reference for that. Lowrance Customer Support (sic.) only replies that
another company made the map software, so they don't care.

I recommended this system to someone who has a banner towing business
since he needs to sometimes fly banners over a particular address, but
can't use the turn-by-turn directions that most GPS units give.

I may have to take my laptop down to Sun-N-Fun and make commotion until
they can show me how it's supposed to work, or admit they sell garbage.

Thanks,
Paul