To the R-22 buzzing Sea Cliff Golf Course

Old November 24th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
B4RT

Default To the R-22 buzzing Sea Cliff Golf Course

Stan,

Dude, move on and get over it. Or maybe you can keep more baseballs that
the kids accidentally throw in your yard, and call the police on that Harley
with the open pipes.

;-)

Bart

"Stan Switek" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:35:19 -0800, The OTHER Kevin in San Diego
skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote:

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 16:36:20 GMT, Stan Switek
wrote:

No.... This was buzz job plain & simple. But even it was, TV is not
exempt from the FAR's.

This was not the case & at any rate they are not going to permit
flying 50' over numerous houses.

Old November 24th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Biff Tannen

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:32:26 -0500, "B4RT"
wrote:

Stan,

Dude, move on and get over it. Or maybe you can keep more baseballs that
the kids accidentally throw in your yard, and call the police on that Harley
with the open pipes.

;-)

Bart

Bart, Sounds like more of a public safety issue than keeping ball in
the yard or loue pipes.
Old November 25th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Biff Tannen

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:25:52 -0800, The OTHER Kevin in San Diego
skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote:

On 24 Nov 2006 06:04:18 -0800, "Linc" wrote:

If it was TV, then like Kevin said, I would've expected they would
discuss their plans with the FSDO to head off complaints. Of course, I
would also expect a notice by the course to the nearby homeowners.

Even if the local FSDO gives it the ok and you send out notices,
someone is gonna bitch.

A couple years ago I arranged for a helicopter to land at my nephew's
school. We got the FAA's permission, got the school to buy a
liability insurance policy naming the helicopter operator as
benificiary and sent out postcards to houses within 1/2 mile of the
school. Not an hour after the helo landed, the complaints started
rolling in from the people right next to the school.

Like I said, someone will always bitch...

I think it's a question as to whether the person has a valid bitch.
Old November 26th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Kevin: It is called "Recreational Bitching" It is an international
passtime.

--
Stuart Fields
Experimental Helo magazine

www.vkss.com
www.experimentalhelo.com

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message news
On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:09:33 GMT, Biff Tannen
wrote:

Like I said, someone will always bitch...

I think it's a question as to whether the person has a valid bitch.

Whether it's valid or not, some people will bitch for the sake of
bitching.

Old November 26th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Linc

Videographer filming for a video brochure for the golf course or a
gated community, then? Or photographer for the same?

Stan is probably correct in his assumption that it was a joyrider. I'm
just trying to determine if there could possibly be a legitimate reason
for the pilot to be doing that at all, and I have to wonder if Stan did
the same, or if he just saw something and immediately concluded the
pilot was totally wrong.

Linc

Biff Tannen wrote:
On 24 Nov 2006 06:04:18 -0800, "Linc" wrote:

Stan Switek wrote:
On 23 Nov 2006 05:59:55 -0800, "Linc" wrote:

Are they broadcasting a competition from that course, soon? They always
seem to show helicopter views of the hole being previewed. It gives a
great idea of the length, the lay, the position of the obstacles and
the position of the hole on the green in about 5-10 seconds, and it
always appears to be done from treetop level.

Linc
No.... This was buzz job plain & simple. But even it was, TV is not
exempt from the FAR's.

If it was TV, then like Kevin said, I would've expected they would
discuss their plans with the FSDO to head off complaints. Of course, I
would also expect a notice by the course to the nearby homeowners.

Linc

Any of us that have flown over a golf course knows that most course
lay outs, for the purpose of TV fliming, would allow approaches &
departures along the fairways till a safe altitude is reached. I see
no need to fly over homes at low level. Doing so only invites trouble.

I know the course in question. The PGA, LPGA, Champions & Nationwide
Tours do not play there. It is a private course near the beach
surrounded by residential homes. Very expensive homes.

Buzzing Ramapriya Piloting 33 November 24th 04 08:15 PM
Golf Cart Tugs Ashton Owning 1 September 3rd 04 02:51 PM
Golf Cart Tugs Ashton Owning 20 August 19th 04 06:19 PM
Golf Cart Tugs Ashton Owning 0 August 12th 04 03:08 PM
Golf Cart Tugs Ashton Piloting 0 August 12th 04 03:03 PM