Flying into the NYC area

Old May 15th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

Default Flying into the NYC area

On 2008-05-15, Tina wrote:
Lakeway has an unkind rep, but I don't have first hand information
about it. I think the issue has everything to do with operating near
sun rise and sun set. Just verify things before you go.

Yeah, they do have an evil reputation for enforcing their ban on night
ops...but, I'm told, as long as you avoid that issue, deal with the slope on
the runway, and make sure to have a tiedown spot before committing to
staying, it's not too bad. The main thing is that it's the closest to
several friends I have in the Austin area.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old May 15th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ash Wyllie

Jay Maynard opined

My plans have changed a bit...I may find myself flying into the NYC area
after picking up the Zodiac. I'll be coming up from the south (Charlotte or
so) the morning of June 4, and flying off toward Texas the next morning. The
main requirement I have is that I need to get from whichever airport into
NYC (and, ideally, up to the Bronx) via public transportation without
spending a fortune, and back the next day. Cheap avgas would be nice, but
that's secondary.

Suggestions? Or should I just bag it, leave the airplane in Charlotte, and
go commercial?

I was in the NY area a couple of weeks ago, and Republic (KFRG) was a nice
place.

+s Sheltair was pleasant.
bunch of neat aircraft on the field. F-14, FB-111, a Thud, a Corsair and more!

-s Security

-ash
Cthulhu in 2008!
Vote the greater evil.

Old May 15th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
skym

On May 14, 10:31*am, Jay Maynard
wrote:

Jay,

Don't know about you, but for me the decision would be based on the
exhiliration of flying in/out of the NYC airspace. For
me...priceless.
Old May 15th 08, 06:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Wed, 14 May 2008 14:21:33 -0500, Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:

And I won't hold that California comment against you.

Thank you... and I in turn won't hold the fact that you live in Arkansas
against you.

:- )

--
Dallas