Anyone know anything about Oshkosh?, I've heard it's a muddy quagmire from all the rain

Old July 30th 10, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
rich[_2_]

Default Anyone know anything about Oshkosh?, I've heard it's a muddy quagmire from all the rain

Old July 31st 10, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ed

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:09:45 -0400, rich
wrote:

I watched and lilstened to webcam and the tower broadcasts and it
seemed pretty busy. They were parking on the grass. I don't know about
the campground.
Old July 31st 10, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:09:45 -0400, rich
wrote:

I watched a clip by an Oshkosh local station that said they were
positioning RVs with a large tractor and parking them on boards and
parking aircraft on taxiways.
Old July 31st 10, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_7_]

Yes, MUD in the campgrounds according to my buddy that was there from
Monday through Thursday...

Ace
Old July 31st 10, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
rich[_2_]

I found one article online that said some of the parking areas for
aircraft had standing water in them. I would hope by now it has
"soaked in". But it's got to be muddy up there. It also said they were
calling it "Splosh-Kosh". Lots of aircraft were diverted to Fond du
lac. Not sure why Fond du lac is any drier, they got the same rain.

Old August 1st 10, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

wrote:

Yes, MUD in the campgrounds according to my buddy that was there from
Monday through Thursday...

Ace

Higher ground with better drainage???
Old August 2nd 10, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stu Fields

"rich" wrote in message

Yep Muddy. We were requested not to check into the private campground south
of the Ultra light runway until Tues. Even then there was some towing and
pulling stuck RVs.
Also we watched the crash of Roush's (sp) jet exec aircraft. We saw what we
at first thought it was part of the show. The plane was very low, slow and
at an exreme bank angle. I expected it to roll level and fly away. Nope.
Dug a wing in and slammed hard into the grass not too far from some other
aircraft. The ship ended up facing back from which it came with the engines
still running. After a short time the engines were shut off and I could see
a person moving in the cockpit area. Subsequent stories said it was the
owner and his secretary and they experienced minor injuries. The loud thump
when they hit could generate some lower back issues.
Left thursday and didn't get to experience the "World's Loudest Airplane".

Old August 3rd 10, 12:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tom De Moor

In article , rich54
@rocketmail.com says...

I found one article online that said some of the parking areas for
aircraft had standing water in them. I would hope by now it has
"soaked in". But it's got to be muddy up there. It also said they were
calling it "Splosh-Kosh". Lots of aircraft were diverted to Fond du
lac. Not sure why Fond du lac is any drier, they got the same rain.

Fond du Lac (in French) means Bottom of the Lake.

;-)

Tom De Moor