How high can you fly?

Old September 26th 10, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default How high can you fly?

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 07:04:37 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

On Sep 18, 2:40*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Mark wrote:
Ok, it's the year 2016. You are in a little Cessna 150.
You're plane isn't pressurized because it will implode,

Explode, not implode. Unless it is an underwater submersible?

Yeah, what a memory. There we were, shoulder to shoulder my hands in
my pants, on the football field, even though it was before a baseball
game, packed in like sardines. Me, my teddy bear and soon-to-be-dead
Tiger Boy, my pussycat.

The smell of cannabis filled the air. I don't smoke, it draws out my
manic depression.

This special night was different from the Grand Funk Railroad or the
Three Dog Night or Liberace concerts I never attended there. In my
mind, I was. On the football field, where they were awaiting to play
a Braves game. In May when NFL football didn't play.

1973 National Football League season
Regular season
Duration *September 16, 1973 - December 16, 1973*

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...973_NFL_season

At one point the lights went total black-out, then suddenly the entire
room and immediate area (closet) were drenched in blue light. I began
to sing "My Room" by the Beach Boys because I sure as **** wasn't at
Fulton County Stadium on May 4th, 1973.

Nothing but blue. Next came the "smoke" of dry ice. It was like London
fog in blue. I guess, never been out of South Carolina, The
Mississippi of the East.

Yes it was "Stairway to Heaven" time. Boy was I suprised
at what came next. Tiger Boy jumped on my Philco and killed the
turntable. this was the day I decided to kill him.

Suddenly I released hundreds and hundreds of white fleas! It didn't
quite work out as planned. Except for the few that momentarilly
circled, they basically just flew away. **** me again.

But there was no disappointment. Those first few notes of
"Stairway" took us where I needed to be. Up the stairs to the cool
breasts of my Mommy.

There, in the moment listening to the most famous song in the world. I
turned and looked at my Mommy, Judy ( "Judy blue eyes"), and she
said...

"Mark, get your goddamned hands off my tits and go to sleep. You have
school in the morning".

my son is a freak

---
Mark
Old September 26th 10, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 06:10:02 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

On Sep 19, 7:24*pm, "Ash Wyllie" wrote:

How high can you fly? 95,000ft?
This will soon be a real consideration.

I don't have the figures available at the moment, but I can tell you what to
look for and what to do.

Find the Vs for a C152.

Find the Mmo, likely about M.75.

Your max altitude is where the true Vs == Mmo.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *-ash
* * * * * * * * * * * * *Elect Cthulhu!
* * * * * * * * * * * * *Vote the greater evil.

Thank you so much! Can't wait to run the numbers.

Had this been a contest, you just walked off with a
new trophy.

---
Mark

How'd those numbers come out there, Mark(ie)? It's only been a week.

*ROFL*
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old September 27th 10, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Sep 27, 11:43*am, "Ash Wyllie" wrote:
Ari Silverstein opined

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 06:10:02 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:
On Sep 19, 7:24*pm, "Ash Wyllie" wrote:

How high can you fly? 95,000ft?
This will soon be a real consideration.

I don't have the figures available at the moment, but I can tell you what
to look for and what to do.

Find the Vs for a C152.

Find the Mmo, likely about M.75.

Your max altitude is where the true Vs == Mmo.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *-ash
* * * * * * * * * * * * *Elect Cthulhu!
* * * * * * * * * * * * *Vote the greater evil.

Thank you so much! *Can't wait to run the numbers.

Had this been a contest, you just walked off with a
new trophy.

---
Mark

How'd those numbers come out there, Mark(ie)? It's only been a week.
*ROFL*

Markie seems to be too busy to do his homework.

I'm so sorry for my untimeliness in this matter. It slipped
my mind.

Poor guy

Don't worry. I went to a fly-in Saturday, then we all
went out to dinner. And... there's nookie duty.
Busy, busy, busy.

So I'll do it for him, and give him an F.

You're just wanting a second trophy.

Formulae * *Units mks

* * TAS = exp(alt/15150) * CAS

* * Vsound = 340 * sqrt(1 - alt/86400)

Assume a *Mmo of .6 and Vs of 25m/s (50kts) your coffin corner is about 28500m
(95000').

What the real figures for a C152, I don't know.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *-ash
* * * * * * * * * * * * *Elect Cthulhu!
* * * * * * * * * * * * *Vote the greater evil.- Hide quoted text -

95,000 feet? That sounds familiar with respect to this
topic, within this thread. Now who mentioned that already?

Oh yeah, ME!

I already calculated this without paper.

What's that? A TROPHY?

Than kew! Than kew veri much!

---
Mark

Old September 27th 10, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

ps, thanks for addressing me as "Markie".

My friends frequently do and I like it.

---
Markie

Old September 27th 10, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ash Wyllie

Ari Silverstein opined

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 06:10:02 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

On Sep 19, 7:24*pm, "Ash Wyllie" wrote:

How high can you fly? 95,000ft?
This will soon be a real consideration.

I don't have the figures available at the moment, but I can tell you what
to look for and what to do.

Find the Vs for a C152.

Find the Mmo, likely about M.75.

Your max altitude is where the true Vs == Mmo.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *-ash
* * * * * * * * * * * * *Elect Cthulhu!
* * * * * * * * * * * * *Vote the greater evil.

Thank you so much! Can't wait to run the numbers.

Had this been a contest, you just walked off with a
new trophy.

---
Mark

How'd those numbers come out there, Mark(ie)? It's only been a week.

*ROFL*

Markie seems to be too busy to do his homework. Poor guy.

Old September 27th 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article ,
"Ash Wyllie" wrote:

Ari Silverstein opined

[...]

I don't know where you got your formula, but MY "Elements of
Gasdynamics" book says that:

Vsound = sqrt(gamma*R*T),
where (for air):
gamma = 1.4 universal gas constant
R = 1715 ft-lb/slug-deg F
T = absolute temperature in Rankine

Nonetheless, the hypothetical C150 would encounter coffin corner before
it gets to 95Kft.
Old September 27th 10, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 08:12:28 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

Thank you so much! *Can't wait to run the numbers.

Had this been a contest, you just walked off with a
new trophy.

---
Mark
How'd those numbers come out there, Mark(ie)? It's only been a week.
*ROFL*

Markie seems to be too busy to do his homework.

I'm so sorry for my untimeliness in this matter. It slipped
my mind.

Poor guy

Don't worry. I went to a fly-in Saturday, then we all
went out to dinner. And... there's nookie duty.

Mother's visiting?
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old September 27th 10, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:47:57 -0400, Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article ,
"Ash Wyllie" wrote:

Ari Silverstein opined

[...]

Hardly, I have on my Mark Of The Universe designed spacesuit.

Ok, it's the year 2025. If man is still alive.
I am in a little Cessna 150.
My plane isn't pressurized because it will implode,
so I'm wearing a pressurized body suit. I have
an oxygen mask. My plane is powered by a very
powerful hydrogen atom splitting energy source.

Supplied by a 20oz plutonium nanotube source that is
completely limitless that I designed. I plumbed and
wired my own trailer, too.
My powerplant is equivalent to 700000000Mhp in an LSA.

How high can I fly? End of the Milky Way?

This will soon be a real consideration.

Here's the space suit I invented.

http://tinyurl.com/2vg9h4f

Mark Of The Universe
Old September 27th 10, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ash Wyllie

Orval Fairbairn opined

In article ,
"Ash Wyllie" wrote:

Ari Silverstein opined

[...]

I love your units.

Vsound = 340 * sqrt(273 + t)/sqrt(273 + 15)

where t = 15 - 2*alt/300
^
oops, I left out a 2 (Temp decreases by 2 degrees / 1000' or ~300m)

That changes the max altitude to 77,000'.

-ash
Elect Cthulhu!
Vote the greater evil.

Old September 27th 10, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ash Wyllie

Ooops again.

For Vs = 25m/s and Mmo = .6 the critical altitude is 83,000'.

I've got to remember when I've changed the spreadsheet.

Hope I got it right this time .

-ash
Elect Cthulhu!
Vote the greater evil.