Enstrom on ebay

Old February 5th 04, 06:41 AM
joe

Default Enstrom on ebay

There's a 1979 Enstrom f28-c on ebay. The seller says it needs one main
blade and both tail blades. I'm guessing this would at least double the $47k
buy it now price? Any ideas on the cost of those parts?
Yea, I'm still thinking about buying a helicopter. The winnings are doing
well in my investments and it just might be doable sometime in the future.

Joe (Millionaire) ;-)

Old February 5th 04, 09:53 AM
Andrew Crane

"joe" wrote in message
There's a 1979 Enstrom f28-c on ebay. The seller says it needs one main
blade and both tail blades. I'm guessing this would at least double the

$47k
buy it now price? Any ideas on the cost of those parts?
Yea, I'm still thinking about buying a helicopter. The winnings are doing
well in my investments and it just might be doable sometime in the future.

One has to wonder why it needs one main and two tail blades. I can only
think of a few scenarios.

- that the tail has timed out at the same time of one of the main blades
in which case why were the others replaced during its lifetime?
- that one of the main blades was replaced by a second hand one during
the lifetime of the set
- It's had a knock or been vandalised or something?

Is there an innocent explanation?

Regards
Andrew

Old February 5th 04, 01:46 PM
Davdirect

I didn't think the blades were life limited on Enstroms and were replaced on
condition if they start to delaminate?
davdirect
Old February 5th 04, 02:42 PM
Andrew Crane

"Davdirect" wrote in message
I didn't think the blades were life limited on Enstroms and were replaced

on
condition if they start to delaminate?

ooer - so it could be that there are two delaminating tail blades and two
main ones. I wouldn't like to have been the one who flew the thing to where
it is now :-)

Regards
Andrew

Old February 5th 04, 07:35 PM
Ga. Chopper

Enstrom main rotor blades are "on condition" with no specific hours to
replacement. Three major problems that can occur a delamiantion,
errossion and corrosion. The MR baldes on that particular F-28C-2 are
delaminated. The TR blades are also damaged. I know of another Enstrom
mechanic who went and looked at it. It needs alot of work and major
bucks to made it airworthy. Be care, the price is too high for that
Enstrom.
Old February 5th 04, 07:36 PM
Ga. Chopper

Enstrom main rotor blades are "on condition" with no specific hours to
replacement. Three major problems that can occur a delamiantion,
errossion and corrosion. The MR baldes on that particular F-28C-2 are
delaminated. The TR blades are also damaged. I know of another Enstrom
mechanic who went and looked at it. It needs alot of work and major
bucks to make it airworthy. Be care, the price is too high for that
Enstrom.

Selling on Ebay Jay Honeck Piloting 34 May 28th 04 06:29 PM
Airplane Parts on Ebay Vac Reg Valves, Fuel Floats, O-200 Spider, Fuel Injection Valve Bill Berle Home Built 0 January 26th 04 07:48 AM
Airplane Parts on Ebay Vac Reg Valves, Fuel Floats, O-200 Spider, Fuel Injection Valve Bill Berle Aviation Marketplace 0 January 26th 04 07:48 AM
Airplane Parts on Ebay Vac Reg Valves, Fuel Floats, O-200 Spider, Fuel Injection Valve Bill Berle Owning 0 January 26th 04 07:48 AM
Gleim Instrument Pilot Audio CD Set AND Gleim Instrument Pilot FAA Test Prep Software - together on Ebay Cecil E. Chapman Products 0 January 14th 04 11:34 PM