Bush's guard record

Old October 3rd 04, 02:56 PM
RobertR237

I don't care if Bush smoked dope or knocked up the hippie chick down the
street. I care that he has a cardiac patient with a serious conflict of
interest in his background for a Vice President and a fundie nutter for an
Attorney General. I care that he's a basically ill-tempered and unlearned

rich
kid that got a Guard fighter slot, a ball club and an oil business by being
Bush Jr. and didn't shine at any of it.

Is he the worst possible president? No. But is he anything close to the

best?

Probably not, but he's better than Kerry and that is all that matters
this year.

Matt

I agree but I sure wish we could go back and start over on the selection
process, I really don't want either one.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old October 3rd 04, 06:20 PM
Matt Whiting

RobertR237 wrote:
I don't care if Bush smoked dope or knocked up the hippie chick down the
street. I care that he has a cardiac patient with a serious conflict of
interest in his background for a Vice President and a fundie nutter for an
Attorney General. I care that he's a basically ill-tempered and unlearned

rich

kid that got a Guard fighter slot, a ball club and an oil business by being
Bush Jr. and didn't shine at any of it.

Is he the worst possible president? No. But is he anything close to the

best?

Probably not, but he's better than Kerry and that is all that matters
this year.

Matt

I agree but I sure wish we could go back and start over on the selection
process, I really don't want either one.

I'm with you, but I didn't see a single candidate during this entire
election season that did much for me.

Matt

Old October 3rd 04, 08:16 PM
JDKAHN

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
RobertR237 wrote:
[...]

If the Dems had nominated Liberman, and gave him an injection of
personality, they'd have had a contender. Woulda been great fun to watch
the arab states twist and squirm trying to come to terms with a president
descended from apes and pigs.

Or Zell Miller. His speech at the RNC was mesmerizing.

The problem for the Democrats is that the party is right now in the control
of an "irresponsible left" faction, and the only alternative is the "not
quite as irresponsible, but amoral" Clinton faction. The party really needs
a blowout this election to trigger a purge and reorientation to the
mainstream.

John