Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam

Old July 12th 04, 10:37 AM
WalterM140

But Bush skated out on the last two years of his six year commitment, but
then
has the gall to attack Senator Kerry's service. That needs to be

confronted.

You keep saying that, but you have yet to present any hard evidence of it.

Hard evidence.

What there is no hard evidence of is of Bush's attendance at a drill after May,
1972, or a photo of him, or anyone who remembers him.

The commanding officer to whom he was support to report in Alabama has said
categorically that Bush -did-not- report. The unit Bush was assigned to in
October 1973 is/was in Denver. Bush was at Harvard.

Bush skipped out on the last two years of his commitment.

Walt
Old July 12th 04, 11:31 AM
WalterM140

Anyone wounded three times could opt out.

Of course if its discovered that any of those were self
inflicted as it is alleged that Baby Killer Kerry did...

Seriously now. Have you got even a shred of proof of that?

No wonder this country is going in the toilet if people like you vote.

Walt
Old July 12th 04, 12:14 PM
WalterM140

Of course if its discovered that any of those were self
inflicted as it is alleged that Baby Killer Kerry did...

In his defense, I haven't seen any reports that he *intentionally*
wounded himeself, as is traditionally considered in the
self-inflicted wound category. Apparently this was more an instance
of carelessness than intent to injure himself.

Apparently? Apparently what?

There's been no hint that Kerry's service was anything less than exemplary.

His fit rep:

"In a combat environment often requiring independent, decisive action LTJG
(Lieutenant Junior Grade) Kerry was unsurpassed. He constantly reviewed tactics
and lessons learned in river operations and applied his experience at every
opportunity. On one occasion while in tactical command of a three boat
operation his units were taken under fire from ambush. LTJG Kerry rapidly
assessed the situation and ordered his units to turn directly into the ambush.
This decision resulted in routing the attackers with several enemy KIAs.

LTJG Kerry emerges as the acknowledged leader in his peer group. His bearing
and appearance are above reproach. He has of his own volition learned the
Vietnamese language and is instrumental in the successful Vietnamese training
programs.

During this period of this report LTJG Kerry has been awarded the Silver Star
medal, the Bronze Star medal, the Purple Heart medal (2nd and 3rd awards).

18 Dec 1969"

http://www.awolbush.com/kerry-vs-bush.asp

Walt

Old July 12th 04, 12:14 PM
Cub Driver

Platoon is good fiction

I don't agree. I think of it as the least of the Vietnam war movies
(well, there was always "A Yank in Vietnam"), and a wholly
unconvincing portrait of combat. It's not even good fiction.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! weblog www.vivabush.org
Old July 12th 04, 01:20 PM
Tex Houston

"Regnirps" wrote in message
(ArtKramr) wrote:

If I got wounded twice and got two Purple Hearts and a Silver Star I

would do
the same thing. Anyone with a brain in their head would do the same

thing.

Sorry, you can only get one Purple Heart.

-- Charlie Springer

Why would you assume you could get only one Purple Heart?

Extract...

This award, the modern form of the original Purple Heart established by
General George Washington in 1782, is conferred on any person wounded in
action while serving with the Armed Forces of the United States. It is also
awarded posthumously to the next of kin of personnel killed or having died
of wounds received in action after April 5, 1917.

The Purple Heart is awarded for wounds or death as result of an act of any
opposing Armed Force, as a result of an international terrorist attack or as
a result of military operations while serving as part of a peacekeeping
force. Prior to the adoption of the Legion of Merit and Bronze Star Medal,
it was given by the Army for meritorious service. The decoration was
authorized for the Army by a War Department order of February 22, 1932, and
for Navy and Marine Corps personnel by a Navy Department order of January
21, 1943, superseded by an executive order of November 12, 1952.

The heart-shaped medal, one of the best known and also one of the most
beautiful of our decorations, was designed by Elizabeth Will and modeled by
John R. Sinnock. The inner heart on the obverse is of purple plastic
(originally enamel), and the sculptured outer heart of gold-colored metal.
On the purple heart General Washington is shown in profile, facing left, in
a relief also of gold-colored metal. Above this heart is Washington's coat
of arms, and enamel shield of white with two horizontal bands of red, and
above them three red stars with sprays of green leaves on either side of the
shield.

The reverse of the medal is entirely of gold-colored metal, including the
shield and leaves. Within the sculptured outer heart and below the shield is
the inscription, set in three lines, "For Military Merit," with a space
below for the recipient's name. The ribbon is deep purple with narrow white
edges.

Second and subsequent awards of the Purple Heart are denoted by a gold star
for Navy and Marine Corps personnel and by an oak-leaf cluster for Army and
Air Force personnel. Authorized Device: Oak leaf Cluster.

End...

Note the last sentence.

Tex Houston

Old July 12th 04, 01:24 PM
D. Strang

"Cub Driver" wrote

Platoon is good fiction

I don't agree. I think of it as the least of the Vietnam war movies
(well, there was always "A Yank in Vietnam"), and a wholly
unconvincing portrait of combat. It's not even good fiction.

I've seen a lot of Westerns, and John Wayne war movies, and Platoon
is near the top, mainly for the script, and for the acting. It probably
has as much to do with Vietnam, as John Wayne's had to do about
D-Day or the Pacific.

Old July 12th 04, 01:45 PM
D. Strang

"WalterM140" wrote
He voted for Clinton in '92 over Bush, a WW II
aviator

As president, Bush 41 stumbled into an unneccesary war in the Gulf that cost @
300 US servicemen their lives. He needed to go.

What I can't figure is how many veterans of combat who post here are oblivious
to the fact that both Bush presidencies have cost us hundreds of dead service
people to no good purpose whatsoever.

The roots of this war can be traced easily back to 1990-91. And we now have
7,000 + casualties in Iraq and we are less safer here at home, we're
bankrupting ourselves, the intellgence community is in a shambles, and we've
distanced ourselves from our best allies.

Bush is the worst president ever and he has to go.

The war in Iraq has been going on since 1980. The United States has been on the
ground in that region since Iraq invaded Iran. We tried to work it diplomatically,
but the world had other interests. The United States and the United Kingdom
invaded Iraq to end the 20 plus years of war.

It is and was a necessary war. We are a fossil fuel economy, and the oil fields of
Iraq, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia will be protected until this country finds an
alternative fuel. Men and Women will die to keep the freedom and the economy
we enjoy.

As a veteran of two major wars, I can say that I support the wars we have in the
Middle East, the far East, and in South America. These wars are important, and
people die in wars. The number of dead are a fraction of those killed on the
highways, and those killed from HIV.

Bush is no worse than any other President.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve WalterM140 Military Aviation 196 June 14th 04 11:33 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM