KAS 297B Altitude Preselect question

Old November 12th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
No Spam

Default KAS 297B Altitude Preselect question

I tried on rec.av.IFR and got no response, so I thought I'd try here.

Anybody know what it takes to adjust the alert volume on the King KAS 297B
unit? The volume is killing my ears.

TIA,

- Don
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you are
a thousand miles from the corn field. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Old November 14th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
DR

The sheet I looked said that unit gives 2V p-p into 500 ohms. No wonder
it is loud. Can you add a resistor or a potentiometer into the signal
line? If you use a pot, get a 500 ohm potentiometer (log response would
be best type) across the output and ground and wire the wiper so as to
make it the new output line -i.e. as a regular volume control. If you
can only fit an inline resistor into the signal line, try several values
from say 100 ohm up until you get a suitable (still loud) volume.

Disclaimer: Such a modification is entirely at your own risk and I make
no recommendation whatsoever as to the suitability of this mod. for
inflight use.

Cheers MC

Old November 24th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
No Spam

Thanks, MC. I was hoping there was a screw on the box somewhere.

- Don
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers