Bush 'Plans Iran Air Strike by August'

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 3rd 08, 06:11 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
PaPaPeng

Default Bush 'Plans Iran Air Strike by August'

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:03:25 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
wrote:

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 03:29:51 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
wrote:

Say what you like sport, I'm repeating what was broadcast on CNN.

cheers....Jeff

snippage of rant about news coverage

Listen fool, spout what you like, pictures tell a thousand words.

They were holding up a piece of concrete, supposedly reinforced. What the
builder had used for reinforcement was a joke.
Instead of rebar, it looked like he had used that very light steel-mesh
material (approx. 6"x6" square) that we use to support a concrete slab in a
garage floor that is laid over 6" of compacted gravel.
Instead of using rebar, which you or I wouldn't be able to bend with our
bare hands, he used material a four year old could twist out of shape.
Don't tell me what I saw fool, I'll tell you.

cheers....Jeff

Look you twerp. When a US army squad in Iraq murders a family there
is all this outrage and moves to put them on trial and establish the
rules of combat, better training, better supervision and all those
highfalutin declarations of how things will be better in future. When
the Army found out that murdering innocent Iraqi families is pretty
common (more than a million killings in 7 1/2 years and still going
strong) everyone shut up pretty fast and imposed laughbly
insignificant sentences on less than a handful of perpetrators stupid
enough to get caught.

Ergo when a single building disintegrates in a humongous earthquake
you can point fingers and sacrifice a few goats to satisfy public
outrage. When more than 300 schools disintegrated the same way you
are going to prosecute anyone and everyone who had a hand in building
those schools? You are certainly very naive in the ways things work.

I'll tell you one remarkable example how the Chinese system works.
When DXP came back to power the Cultural Revolution was still alive
until they arrested the Gang of Four. With the devastation that the
CR and the GLF (Great Leap Forward) and other Mao inspired disasters
there was a tremendous amount of damage to be made good. So DXP
decreed that there were far too many injustices and far too many
interconnected crimes ever to sort out. Getting China back on track
was of paramount importance. So there was to be no recriminationsw,
no boards of inquiries, no investigations into what had gone on
before. He (DXP) himself was treated very badly. His eldest son (a
physics undergrad then)was thrown from or had leapt from an upper
storey and crippled. The son was denied medical attention and is now
a quadripelgic. If DXP did not seek revenge no one else could and the
bad blood that would have flowed and poisoned everything never did.

So it will be with this earthquake. The first order of things is to
get back the countryside in order and the people housed and gainfully
employed. Before the end of the year is out the debris will have been
cleared and reconstruction begun. Premier Wen has declared that
within three years all the roads, bridges and infrastructures will be
repaired. They will be finished ahead of schedule. In that three
years will arise new cities, towns and residential areas as if they
seemed to have sprouted from the ground overnight. You would have
never known that there was an earthquake just three years before. In
that time or after, if key people have been found to be willfully
negilgent or corrupt, the guilt can then be established. There are no
on-a-technicality escape routes in the Chinese courts system. But
meantime screw your CNN attempts to paint a fumbling and dysfuntional
picture of Chinese people.