RAP & RAH Oshkosh field frequency

Old July 20th 05, 12:43 AM
RST Engineering

Default RAP & RAH Oshkosh field frequency

I think we could coexist with Vette on 123.3 with handhelds on the field
during Oshkosh, but I just did a fairly detailed search for 123.5 and found
no takers within twenty miles.

THEREFORE, let's make that rah/rap on field coordination frequency 123.5 and
don't give your kids the transceiver to play with.

I'm also going to use it for the Kitplanes airborne coordination cover page
photo shoots this year. No reason to cob up Vette when there is another
frequency available.

Jim

Old July 20th 05, 03:22 AM
Aaron Coolidge

In rec.aviation.owning RST Engineering wrote:
: THEREFORE, let's make that rah/rap on field coordination frequency 123.5 and
: don't give your kids the transceiver to play with.

OK! Just so the old STS handheld holds up....

: I'm also going to use it for the Kitplanes airborne coordination cover page
: photo shoots this year. No reason to cob up Vette when there is another
: frequency available.

Do you do the photo shoots out of your 182? Or do you borrow the EAA 210?
(Aside) 2 years ago I saw a Seneca-load of folks shooting pics of Sean Tucker
afther the airshow. Tucker was doing steep bank turns over Aeroshell Sq.
while a mess of people were hanging out of the back doors of the Seneca
snapping pics. It looked like the job to have!
--
Aaron C.

Old July 20th 05, 04:03 AM
Morgans

"Aaron Coolidge" wrote in message
[...]

Was that the time he was flying along in about a 45 degree angle crossed
controls?

I saw that. Wild looking, and all very normal.... for him! g
--
Jim in NC

Old July 20th 05, 02:28 PM
you don't know me, so don't ask

Do you do the photo shoots out of your 182? Or do you borrow the EAA 210?
(Aside) 2 years ago I saw a Seneca-load of folks shooting pics of Sean
Tucker
afther the airshow. Tucker was doing steep bank turns over Aeroshell Sq.
while a mess of people were hanging out of the back doors of the Seneca
snapping pics. It looked like the job to have!
--
Aaron C.

As far as I know, those are the EAA's offical photography planes. You have
to contact them for a ride, if it as all possible.

Jim Gardiner
Chairman Custom/Homebuilt Parking Ground Control aka "Ground 1"

Old July 20th 05, 02:54 PM
RST Engineering

Yes. It turns out in the early 182s that if you take off the single screw
holding the hinge to the window and open the window in flight that it
"floats" about an inch below the bottom of the wing. I take Howard Levy and
his hundred pounds of lenses, open the window, and have the "target" form up
on my starboard side. Then by having the target make this and that turn,
you can get the kinds of cover shots you see on the magazines while all the
photo platform has to do is straight and level slow flight at constant
altitude.

Jim

Do you do the photo shoots out of your 182?

Old July 20th 05, 03:07 PM
RST Engineering

Hey Jim, good buddy, old friend, tight bud, if you could find a single hole
in the grass a little further up the line from FondDuLac North this year for
the Kitplanes photo plane coming in on Sunday morning, it would be most
appreciated. Hauling all those lenses from the briefing shack to row 171
gets a little tedious {;-)

BTW, does "Ground 1" monitor any of the aircraft frequencies? Or 2-meter?

{;-)

Jim

Old July 21st 05, 01:53 PM
HamGuy

Finnally decided to quit reading about Oshkosh and want to expereince
it myself. What is the most important thing to expereince?

Old July 21st 05, 02:06 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "HamGuy" said:
Finnally decided to quit reading about Oshkosh and want to expereince
it myself. What is the most important thing to expereince?

The credit card bills afterwards. Oh wait, that's not the most important,
that's the most shocking.

To me the best part of the week was shutting down my engine and looking
out at the thousands of planes parked around me, and saying "I'm finally
here!"

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"I'm fairly sure Linux exists principally because writing an operating system
Old July 21st 05, 03:02 PM
Dave Butler

HamGuy wrote:

Finnally decided to quit reading about Oshkosh and want to expereince
it myself. What is the most important thing to expereince?

Oh, man.

Just walk in the main gate and start walking toward the flight line. You'll
quickly find whatever it is that you want to experience, then after you leave
that experience, you'll find the next thing ... and so on, ad infinitum.

Don't miss Aeroshell Square, the vendor booths in hangars A, B, C, and D, the
warbird area, the ultralights, the seaplane base, check out the forum schedule
so you don't miss your favorite topics, look at the airshow performers'
schedules and make sure you don't miss your favorites...

You're in for a treat. I've been going since 1995. Missed 1996, but every year
since. Last year my wife went with me for the first time and it was a treat
seeing the show through her eyes. I had become a little jaded about some of the
things and seeing her amazement made me appreciate them anew.

Dave