Mini-500 parts selling on eBay

Old July 23rd 05, 02:22 AM
Beav

"planeman" wrote in message
oups.com...
You know, I should have known better than to ask a simple question
here, and to get a simple answer back. I read all the hype about the
Mini-500, and I see right through the bullstuff. I just wanted to know
if there was anyone else besides who I know that is selling parts,
besides thieves. I didn't want to dig up old hysteria.

Wasn't part of the buying of a mini the fact that parts could only be gotten
from a particular scource? Also, any mods had to be approved by the
manufacturers?

--
Beav

Reply to "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com" (with the obvious
changes)

Old July 23rd 05, 02:26 AM
Beav

"planeman" wrote in message
oups.com...
As for the guy that originally asked the question about places to buy
Mini-500 parts, no, there is nowhere to purchase parts.

Most sincerely,

Dennis Fetters

THANK YOU!!!
That is all I wanted to know!
I wish everyone else could have been as polite and helpful.
I'm going back under my rock.

Give Den a kiss when you ge there. He's sure to be occupying the same space.

Old July 23rd 05, 02:29 AM
Dennis Fetters

Cumulous wrote:
planeman wrote:

As for the guy that originally asked the question about places to buy
Mini-500 parts, no, there is nowhere to purchase parts.

Most sincerely,

Dennis Fetters

THANK YOU!!!
That is all I wanted to know!
I wish everyone else could have been as polite and helpful.

And Fetters has been extremely threatening and abusive too. His comments
are always self-serving, the style just depends on what he's after at
the moment. Don't be gullible.

Please Cumulous, copy and post something I said that was "extremely
threatening and abusive" that was out of line or not true. Please do so,
and back up your insults. As for self-serving, sure. It is mine, and
everyone's right to speak out on untrue comments or insults made by
inconsiderate people as yourself.

Dennis Fetters
Old July 23rd 05, 05:23 AM
Scratch

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 02:20:49 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

Ahhh, but the illustrious Mr Fetters will be along shortly to set the record
straight. then everyone will rush out and buy a 500.

Already done so. I don't know jack about Dennis or any of the
aircraft he designs/sells, but if it walks like a duck etc... well..
Do the math yourself..

He's politely asked that http://tinyurl.com/8ejpq be shared.
Old July 23rd 05, 07:31 AM
Jim

Its incredible how much false information you can get on the newsgroups.
Persons who have never owned and flown a Mini-500 have nothing to offer
but opinion from a extreme distance. It means nothing at all to those
that really need to know. It is also pointless to get an opinion from a
person with an axe to grind or that feels he has been swindled by
someone with more brains than he has or at least the ability to use what
he has more efficiently..
Persons who allow themselves to be indoctrinated by ignoramuses often
become what they learn from. It is very evident in these forums.
My Mini-500 was so easy to operate a caveman (with 20 hours of training)
could do it. The only way to operate a helicopter safely is with in the
design parameters. Then even that is no guarantee but it improves your
safety factor.Very skilled and qualified pilots have operated outside
these parameters and have been injured or killed. Sometimes pilots are
killed by misjudgment or taking an ever so slight chance that they will
be okay. Picking a bad emergency landing site killed two Sacramento
sheriff's officers this month. Had it been a Mini-500 it would surely
have been to blame because the unknowledgeable person would have been
quick to blame it. I guess it boils down to who has more realistic
advise for you, the manufacturer or the newsgroup detractor. A profound
analysis in itself I would think. Think about it, read about it and form
a conclusion based on reason. Or not, its a matter of free agency.

"Clear the area before departure" "Look both ways before crossing the
street" yada yada, or hell just knock on wood!

"B4RT" wrote in message
snipped

Despite what you may read below. This is a dnagerous machine.
So unless you have 1000+ hours or rotorcraft time and know enough
to know why youd want to put yourself in peril, take you money and
invest it in training in a non-experimental helicopter.

Bart

Old July 23rd 05, 08:07 AM
Shiver

Jim wrote:

Its incredible how much false information you can get on the newsgroups.

Well Jim I congratulate you heartily.

You are one of the very, very, very few people who have ever come into
this newsgroup who has anything good to say about the Mini 500.

My Mini-500 was so easy to operate a caveman
(with 20 hours of training) could do it.

So I would presume that since this is such a joy to own and operate
that you must still have yours.

Perhaps you wouldn't mind telling the group approximately how many
hours you have flying your Mini 500.

Now I know there are a few people out there that have put some hours on
their machines. And some of those are people who have done some
extensive modifications to make them safer to fly.

Unfortunately whether it was poor design, poor building, poor parts,
poor piloting, poor weather, or just poor judgement, it appears that
many of the Mini 500s seem to have suffered from various types of
accidents, some of which resulted in the deaths of the pilot.

Now Jim I am not being mean nor am I trying to be snotty.

The fact is that if you have had good success with your machine, still
have it in flying condition, and are generally happy with it's
performance, then I do heartily congratulate you on your ability to
enjoy as a hobby, what many in this newsgroup would like to do
themselves.

That being said I invite you to come back to this group and describe in
some detail your experiences with the machine.

Not only from a builders perspective, but that as a pilot owner
operator and as the owner mechanic.

I'm sure many in this group would be interested in reading your
comments.

I know I would.
Old July 23rd 05, 01:35 PM
Ron Snipes

Now another Revolution Mini 500 appears on Ebay.

I stand corrected on a couple of points by MR. Dennis Fetters. I just recall
back in the late 90's when this newsgroup posted almost daily "Dennis
Fetters Sightings" Mini 500 discussions were lively.
Ron Snipes
New Bern, NC

"planeman" wrote in message
oups.com...
I see Mini-500 helicopters selling on eBay, but much less these days.
Is there someone in the marketplace that can sell me parts if I was
compelled to buy the incomplete one selling now?

Old July 23rd 05, 07:32 PM
Dennis Fetters

Scratch wrote:

He's politely asked that http://tinyurl.com/8ejpq be shared.

What Mr. Scratch is referring to is a letter that Joe Rinke posted to
the newsgroups years ago, after RHCI filed a lawsuit against him for
breach of contract. After we filed the lawsuit, I got an email from Joe
Rinke threatening to tell my wife and my friend Glenn that I was having
an affair with Glenn's wife, if I don't drop the lawsuit.

That same night I wrote Joe Rinke a harsh but personal email telling him
to bring it on, with many of the words you read below contained in it.
But, Joe Rinke took that email and changed the wording to make a
completely new meaning, and posted it to the newsgroups. I did not write
the letter you read below, and there was never an affair with Glenn's
wife. On the contrary, we were all good friends.

I swear to God that the letter below was wrote not by me, but by Rinke
or someone under his control. These types of things are exactly what we
had to put up with from Joe Rinke, and some of his companions.

What you believe is your personal preference. I don't care, it's you
that must live with your dark hearts. I will place my side before you in
defense when necessary, but after believe what you wish. You want to
believe a liar, blackmailer and extortionist like Joe Rinke, then it's
up to you. I never wrote the letter below, and I swear to God I didn't.
Ask Joe Rinke to swear to God I did.

So Mr. Scratch, try again, but this time put something I wrote. Shame on
you for posting this letter and not posting my answer to Rinke's letter
denying to the newsgroup I wrote it. It says much about you. Think about
that for a moment.

Dennis Fetters

Subject: Advertisements
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 03:43:21 -0500
From: Dennis Fetters
Reference: 1

Well, Mr. Rinke,

I can see that you did not take my first warning seriously.
That just shows me how stupid you are. You didn't even have
the guts to write me back. Like I told you and your friends
at Oshkosh, that if I find out that you and your business
associates offer to sell your conversion to any of my customers,
I will sue you for every dime you've got and put you out of
business before you even get started.

I've also asked your buddy Glenn, more than once, to pull your
ad from his web page. I don't know who you think you little men
are, but if you continue advertising and continue offering out
the turbine conversion and upgrades at half of my price I will
sue you for everything...I'll not just stop at your business, but
I'll go for your house, belongings and anything else you'll ever
try and own, and you'll always be the nothing you are now. And
with that, I'll go after anybody that's part of your company and
any customer that also does business with you, and I'll tell
them whatever it takes to have them believe you're at fault, and
have them thank you for their troubles.

If you think you got trouble and expenses now, just try screwing
with my life and friends, and you'll live the worst nightmare you
could imagine. Look you nothing, we've sued the best, and beat
them all at their own game. You will never have any idea of the
endurance we developed in building this company, and the hundreds
of people much, much bigger then you that we had to defeat, and
sometimes two or more at a time. You will be peanut's, and I'll
enjoy eating you and your buddies for lunch.

You got until Wednesday to mail me, fax me or Email me a letter that
you've closed your web page advertising Rinke Aerospace, along with
an apology, or I'll make a game of this, and go for all. After the
apology, and if I like it, we'll get back to business and settle
this as painlessly as you want to make it. The harder you'll play,
the harder I'll play....times two.

Try me,

Old July 23rd 05, 08:03 PM
Dennis Fetters

Dear Jim,

I tried to email this to you privately, but it returned. So, I'll post
it here as a privet email. Those who read it are reading something not
meant for anyone but Jim.

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your post, I'm happy to read what you said, but it will
only cause you problems. These people live by "do not confuse the issues
with the facts, we already made up our minds". They are mostly crippled
with blinders, and unable to comprehend the facts. I only post here in
rebuttal against what these few robot minded people parrot, and then
only for those with open minds and hearts to have an opportunity to at
least read the other side. Then, they can make up their own minds.

It is a burden I bare alone, and no need for you to suffer by trying to
say something contrary to what they want all others to believe. If all
happy Mini-500 owners were as brave and forthright as you, and would
stand and fight back, then it would be a victory, but that will never
happen. Thank you for the bit of kindness, but you do not deserve their
wrath.

Most sincerely,

Dennis Fetter

Old July 23rd 05, 10:54 PM
Dennis Fetters

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

He's politely asked that http://tinyurl.com/8ejpq be shared.

That's not the 1st time I've seen something like that from Dennis.
One thing I haven't seen is anythig like that directed towards Rick
Stitt, the guy who "allegedly" ripped off Rinke's turbine conversion
designs and attempted to manufacture and sell them as his own.

Crap like this is PRECISELY why I mentioned to the OP why it might be
a good idea to do some research before considering a Mini 500.

But Kevin, here is the problem. I didn't write the letter refereed to
above. It was a forgery posted in an attempt to make me look bad, and
you blindly believed it.

Isn't it true that people have posted here on the newsgroups pretending
to be me, and later admitted to it?

Now, you mentioned above "that's not the first time I've read something
like that from Dennis". So put your money where your mouth is and prove
your statement, post something I did write to back up your comments.

Dennis Fetters

Selling on Ebay Jay Honeck Piloting 34 May 28th 04 06:29 PM
Selling my Garmin Pilot III Aviation GPS and MORE on ebay Cecil E. Chapman Products 0 January 29th 04 01:44 AM
Airplane Parts on Ebay Vac Reg Valves, Fuel Floats, O-200 Spider, Fuel Injection Valve Bill Berle Home Built 0 January 26th 04 08:48 AM
Airplane Parts on Ebay Vac Reg Valves, Fuel Floats, O-200 Spider, Fuel Injection Valve Bill Berle Aviation Marketplace 0 January 26th 04 08:48 AM
Airplane Parts on Ebay Vac Reg Valves, Fuel Floats, O-200 Spider, Fuel Injection Valve Bill Berle Owning 0 January 26th 04 08:48 AM